GAME The OFFICIAL Legend Of Zelda: Link’s Awakening remake (Switch) thread.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Just grabbed this. It looks lovely but the frame drops are kind of disappointing

I mean this looks good but not so good that it should be bringing the switch to its knees

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Just grabbed this. It looks lovely but the frame drops are kind of disappointing

I mean this looks good but not so good that it should be bringing the switch to its knees

Yeah, I'm a little confused about that too. Like, how does this game have more going on than Mario Odyssey? That game never dropped a single frame. :confused:

Reactions: crotch

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
How often does this happen? That's kind of a huge turn off for me. Does it happen in handled and docked mode?

I don't know if it's because I'm playing it on the Switch Lite I just bought, or if I'm just getting used to it, but I was playing a bit just now and I didn't really notice it at all. The appeal of the visuals in this game isn't really about their technical prowess anyway.

Reactions: crotch

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I’d like to see a Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword HD first. We just did get A Link Between Worlds a year or two ago.

Link Between Worlds came out 6 years ago. :rofl: Anyway, it's not LttP (and the 3DS screen and graphics look like ass now that I'm using to playing the Switch as my handheld system). They also did an HD version of Twilight Princess for the Wii U. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that ported to the Switch as well though.

Anyway, Link to the Past is the greatest game of the series. It deserves a real remake more than any of the others. :scootin:

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
Link Between Worlds came out 6 years ago. :rofl: Anyway, it's not LttP (and the 3DS screen and graphics look like ass now that I'm using to playing the Switch as my handheld system). They also did an HD version of Twilight Princess for the Wii U. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that ported to the Switch as well though.

Anyway, Link to the Past is the greatest game of the series. It deserves a real remake more than any of the others. :scootin:
It's excellent as is and shouldn't be remade. Play the version that's already on the switch

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
I beat this today. I dug the sort of old school ‘game doesn’t spell every solution out for you’ (though the telephone dude kind of does in the over world). Aesthetically the game was enjoyable to look at, though again those frame drops seem dumb in hindsight. The combat wasn’t much of anything, but it played more like a puzzle game so it didn’t bother me. Always appreciate the sort of progress blocks via attaining certain items that Zelda games always do so well with. They did a good job of utilizing clever applications with some of that to solve dungeon puzzles.

Overall I thought it was good, though it didn’t “feel” like a major release, if that makes sense. I feel like this game should have been $39.99, not the typical $60, but whatever.

Gonna try Ori now, had been wanting to play that game for awhile

Reactions: SlowNegative

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
I beat this today. I dug the sort of old school ‘game doesn’t spell every solution out for you’ (though the telephone dude kind of does in the over world). Aesthetically the game was enjoyable to look at, though again those frame drops seem dumb in hindsight. The combat wasn’t much of anything, but it played more like a puzzle game so it didn’t bother me. Always appreciate the sort of progress blocks via attaining certain items that Zelda games always do so well with. They did a good job of utilizing clever applications with some of that to solve dungeon puzzles.

Overall I thought it was good, though it didn’t “feel” like a major release, if that makes sense. I feel like this game should have been $39.99, not the typical $60, but whatever.

This is why I haven't picked it up, it's a 25 year old game they didn't add much to. Maybe I'll pick it up used some day

Reactions: preston

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but lately I've been mostly playing it on my new Switch Lite instead of my OG Switch, and I haven't really noticed any framerate issues on the Lite.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Anyone have the new switch with the bigger battery? Just bought one a few days ago. It's supposed to have a much more efficient processor, which should also translate to more powerful if needed. Wonder if it drops frames as well.

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla

UNTITLED

GOOSE

GAME

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Anyone have the new switch with the bigger battery? Just bought one a few days ago. It's supposed to have a much more efficient processor, which should also translate to more powerful if needed. Wonder if it drops frames as well.
No effect on performance. If you don’t already, follow “Digital Foundry” on YouTube. They do incredibly thorough testing on this nerd stuff.

Reactions: Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
No effect on performance. If you don’t already, follow “Digital Foundry” on YouTube. They do incredibly thorough testing on this nerd stuff.
Interesting. My guess is that they got a more powerful and smaller processor and just underclocked it to equal the performance of the previous generation. I'll need to watch the videos though bc I'm genuinely curious what the differences are internally.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England

The new processor isn't supposed to be "more" powerful, from what I understand. Just more efficient (hence the better battery life, I don't think the battery is actually any bigger).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor