GAME The OFFICIAL Legend Of Zelda: Link’s Awakening remake (Switch) thread.

The Shish Kebab

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2007
Chicago, IL
I beat this today. I dug the sort of old school ‘game doesn’t spell every solution out for you’ (though the telephone dude kind of does in the over world). Aesthetically the game was enjoyable to look at, though again those frame drops seem dumb in hindsight. The combat wasn’t much of anything, but it played more like a puzzle game so it didn’t bother me. Always appreciate the sort of progress blocks via attaining certain items that Zelda games always do so well with. They did a good job of utilizing clever applications with some of that to solve dungeon puzzles.

Overall I thought it was good, though it didn’t “feel” like a major release, if that makes sense. I feel like this game should have been $39.99, not the typical $60, but whatever.

Gonna try Ori now, had been wanting to play that game for awhile
Ori was awesome. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Reactions: preston

saxman

Burninating the peasants
Dec 2, 2001
Melbourne, Fl
Anyone have the new switch with the bigger battery? Just bought one a few days ago. It's supposed to have a much more efficient processor, which should also translate to more powerful if needed. Wonder if it drops frames as well.
I do. Haven't noticed any frame rate drops.

FDT

no custer shit
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
I haven't noticed them when playing it on my Switch Lite either, which uses the same processor as the new standard Switch.
Can confirm it drops frames like a boss on both my launch day switch and late 2018 switch, docked and handheld :hs:

still a good game tho, I'm pretty early in tho iirc

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
Got this a day or two ago, after it being one of the few games I beat in the 90's. Good stuff, I wish they'd use it's engine for a proper LTTP remake.

Reactions: crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec