ART The President's Photographer

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Obama, but it gave me a different view of him. Seemed like a normal dude.

Hell of a lifestyle gig to have. I liked the special when I'd seen it last. Thanks for the link!

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
saw it and liked it..

if you noticed all of the previous photogs were set for life.. huge studios..

one thing i did notice, none of them had families.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
saw it and liked it..

if you noticed all of the previous photogs were set for life.. huge studios..

one thing i did notice, none of them had families.

I can't imagine where one would have time. The guy sleeps like 6 hours and the rest of the time he's running around following the president. One thing that's obvious, is that he's perfected quickly composing and shooting for keeps. I wonder if he even shoots in raw.

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
I can't imagine where one would have time. The guy sleeps like 6 hours and the rest of the time he's running around following the president. One thing that's obvious, is that he's perfected quickly composing and shooting for keeps. I wonder if he even shoots in raw.

I just watched it...was pretty :cool:

But yeah, I definitely agree...he must be a master at being able to shoot on the fly with the pressure of being flawless every time. Especially after they mentioned the bit where they mentioned that the photos couldn't be erased because they were part of the national archives. :eek3:

TS
TS
POScar

POScar

Believe in OFFTOPIC
Jun 16, 2000
Largo, FL
I just watched it...was pretty :cool:

But yeah, I definitely agree...he must be a master at being able to shoot on the fly with the pressure of being flawless every time. Especially after they mentioned the bit where they mentioned that the photos couldn't be erased because they were part of the national archives. :eek3:
To me the coolest part was how much access he had to the White House/President.

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
To me the coolest part was how much access he had to the White House/President.

hence the "set for life" statement i made earlier..

for one, having a president as a reference will get you any job.
for two, knowing all the secrets means you get paid well :o

wizeguy4

Apr 5, 2002
Allentown, PA
He hosts him images on flickr, add it as a contact. You don't have to like the president to appreciate some the candidness and bts that the public has never seen

Aero277

Aug 13, 2003
Los Angeles
I didn't understand why he didn't just switch cards instead of switching the lens and flash

Probably just hella flustered. I know I would have been.

Thinking about it, I would say that the most impressive part is the Obama family's level of comfort with Pete. It was pretty impressive how pretty much every non-handshake shot was truly candid and natural, rather than posed or prompted.

AmosBanks

Aug 19, 2004
Chicago, IL
I wonder what it takes to get your foot into door to get this job?

One of the assistants was head of photography for one of the wire services. One of the assistants!

I didn't see Souza use a flash very much. Not inside and not as a fill flash outside. They showed the photographer for Mrs. Obama and under similar lighting that photographer had the full-on flash+card+bounce. Also, take a look at the lady and her kids being photographed. Is that the US Congresswoman who is good friends with AZ Rep Gifford?

alexromo

Jul 10, 2005
Wahiawa
i love the intro song, reminds me of when i was in jr high

:)

and what is all this "zmog he shoots canon" shit about?

hes also using a mac!!!!1

holy shit his cameras dont use battery grips nor is he using 1D series??!!

Last edited:

AmosBanks

Aug 19, 2004
Chicago, IL
He must be a master at being able to shoot on the fly with the pressure of being flawless every time. Especially after they mentioned the bit where they mentioned that the photos couldn't be erased because they were part of the national archives. :eek3:

It was mentioned that the photograpgy staff has taken more than a million shots so far. I bet it's pretty easy to pick a few thousand out of a million.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
Especially after they mentioned the bit where they mentioned that the photos couldn't be erased because they were part of the national archives. :eek3:

So if he gets bored and starts taking pics of his dick, they're stored forever :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor