SRS The United States declares monkeypox a public health emergency

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Neighborhood old guy stopped to talk while I was vacuuming my car out last night. Told him I just got over covid and he told me to prepare for the gay monkeypox disease

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Neighborhood old guy stopped to talk while I was vacuuming my car out last night. Told him I just got over covid and he told me to prepare for the gay monkeypox disease
Did you tell him to just wash his ass?

• Haha
Reactions: Boots

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory

I don’t think we (United States/World) are ready at all. I criticized the last administration and this one isn’t doing much better.

I don’t want covid and I definitely do NOT want something that feels like getting anally raped by a broken glass bottle.

TS
TS
Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I don’t think we (United States/World) are ready at all. I criticized the last administration and this one isn’t doing much better.

I don’t want covid and I definitely do NOT want something that feels like getting anally raped by a broken glass bottle.
Ironic thing about Monkeypox is that we should have eliminated it decades ago, the smallpox vaccine works, we should have helped places where it’s endemic wipe it out but here we are

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY

Media shouldve used this guy as the headline pic instead of 1970s pics of black people, then maybe America would have taken it seriously, now look

Bet people will have more care when kids come home from school with a poxface

High-school-student-Julian-Glenn-at-home-Tuesday-June-10-2003-in-Warrenville-Ill-is-believed-to-have-contracted-the-monkeypox-virus-from-his-pet-prairie-dog-John-Glenn-s-doctors-are-convinced-he-has-the-virus-but-his-condition-remains-unconfirmed-until-they-receive-a-determination-from-the-CDC-Prairie-dogs-are-now-the-top-suspects-in-the-Western-Hemisphere-s-first-incidence-of-the-disease-AP-Photo-Arlington-Heights-Daily-Herald-Tanit-Jarusan

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Ironic thing about Monkeypox is that we should have eliminated it decades ago, the smallpox vaccine works, we should have helped places where it’s endemic wipe it out but here we are
We sent smallpox vaccines and teams literally all over the world.

edit: sorry - thought you were talking about eliminating smallpox. :o

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Yes for eliminating smallpox, which we did a good job of.
yep - see my edit :o

On the monkeypox note, I think the WHO wasn't a fan of the focused approach to a single disease. I read a quote somewhere once that they viewed it as taking money and focus away from medical/health infrastructures in developing nations. I'll try to find where I read it and post a link.

edit: couldn't find the quote I was looking for but this one is close

"Not everyone was pleased. Soon after the Assembly, I was angrily confronted by a senior WHO official who spoke slowly and deliberately: “Let me assure you that in this organisation, there will never again be a vertical programme such as smallpox eradication.” A prevalent view was that categorical programmes like smallpox or malaria eradication were major impediments to the development of basic health-care systems, luring governments into extravagant, futile campaigns that compromised existing health programmes."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(12)60381-X/fulltext

Last edited:
Reactions: Grape_Ape

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529