SRS The United States declares monkeypox a public health emergency

Das_Ubermensch

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Fuck you CITY
Before you go full @phelix on this, can we talk about the state of CA declaring a public health emergency as they've apparently pointed out that gyms are a significant hotspot for transmission via sweat / skin to surface to skin transmission?

Basically it's the 'lingering on surfaces' all over again.
And combined with the need for a MONTH of isolation, and given our societies laughable response to public health concerns...
It's been known literally since the beginning of time that viruses in the smallpox family transmit via surfaces. Centuries of sabotage by giving a target a smallpox infected blanket, intentionally infecting clothes or tools, etc. Well documented since the 1700s at least

So in 2022 politicians and 'business leaders' sought to avoid scaring people by saying it was only a gay virus and transmitted via skin to skin. Some even labeled it an STD. Turns out, it behaves like the smallpox family and doesnt care one bit that we told people surfaces were a low vector for Covid

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
It's been known literally since the beginning of time that viruses in the smallpox family transmit via surfaces. Centuries of sabotage by giving a target a smallpox infected blanket, intentionally infecting clothes or tools, etc. Well documented since the 1700s at least

So in 2022 politicians and 'business leaders' sought to avoid scaring people by saying it was only a gay virus and transmitted via skin to skin. Some even labeled it an STD. Turns out, it behaves like the smallpox family and doesnt care one bit that we told people surfaces were a low vector for Covid
I was trying to be gentle, but... Yep.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV

It sounds politically disadvantageous in this climate of identity politics to pass blame to a specific sexual preference to "avoid scaring people". We're not China and this isn't the 80s where it was acceptable for both sides of aisle to demonize homosexuality. There are objective verifiable sources that can break down the demographics etc. that are catching this virus and that's what the stats show. Regardless of how it primarily spreads.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I certainly don't believe that you are, but that is definitely the stand that you're threatening to make in here.

Can't just look at yesterday's data, gotta look at the whole picture.

:othug:
I was just posting factual data. But again there's no way I can come out of this not looking like an asshole

TS
TS
Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I was just posting factual data. But again there's no way I can come out of this not looking like an asshole

The current data is correct the issue is there will be spillover, how much? Who knows but like @kitty mentioned you have places like gyms, college campuses and schools where spillover is bound to happen. The wife who doesn’t know her husband is getting loose with other men, etc. Considering monkeypox tends to be dangerous in younger cohorts we are definitely fucking around

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory

The current data is correct the issue is there will be spillover, how much? Who knows but like @kitty mentioned you have places like gyms, college campuses and schools where spillover is bound to happen. The wife who doesn’t know her husband is getting loose with other men, etc. Considering monkeypox tends to be dangerous in younger cohorts we are definitely fucking around

I'd like to add...burn those hotel bedspreads and stop trying on clothes thinking you are the only one that touched them. :run:

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
6oq64b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds