SRS The United States declares monkeypox a public health emergency

TS
TS
Grape_Ape

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
I read online on either CNN.com or Foxnews.com that my Smallpox vaccine from my Army days may protect me. Is this true?

Smallpox vaccination can protect you from smallpox for about 3 to 5 years. After that time, its ability to protect you decreases. If you need long-term protection, you may need to get a booster vaccination

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Been a few cases of women and a couple of cases in school aged children

Monkeypox spreads in different ways. The virus can spread from person-to-person through:

direct contact with the infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids
respiratory secretions during prolonged, face-to-face contact, or during intimate physical contact, such as kissing, cuddling, or sex
touching items (such as clothing or linens) that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids
pregnant people can spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta
It’s also possible for people to get monkeypox from infected animals, either by being scratched or bitten by the animal or by preparing or eating meat or using products from an infected animal.

Monkeypox can spread from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks. People who do not have monkeypox symptoms cannot spread the virus to others. At this time, it is not known if monkeypox can spread through semen or vaginal fluids.
It's not just a gay disease, although it looks like they might be a more vulnerable population

• Support
Reactions: Cyan Connect

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
the earth has had enough of us iirc
The Grand Canyon is an immense, vibrantly painted geological wonder, treasured for its awe-inspiring stratified architecture, which has been spectacularly sculpted over millions of years. Up close, it will blow your mind and take your breath away—and if you've visited recently, it may also violently flush your colon and have you projectile vomiting your granola bars.

That's right—the majestic natural wonder has been the site of a months-long outbreak of gastrointestinal illness, likely caused by norovirus. The virus was confirmed to be the cause of illnesses among at least eight rafting trips. Overall, more than 150 river rafters and backcountry campers have fallen ill since April, according to a recent update from the Grand Canyon National Park Service.

• Haha
Reactions: Diesel66 and Nikuk

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX

Q: What does the monkeypox rash look like?​

The monkeypox rash usually starts with red spots and then evolves into fluid-filledand then pus-filled bumps that may look like blisters or pimples. The bumps then open into sores and scab over. People with monkeypox should be considered infectious until after the sores scab over and fall off. Monkeypox sores are painful. The rash was often seen on palms and soles in the past, but many people in this outbreak have experienced external and internal lesions of the mouth, genitalia, and anus. People may also experience rectal pain or the sensation of needing to have a bowel movement when their bowels are empty.

Miss me with that shit

@morrowalnut gonna be fapping to popping his own puss fill blisters

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I read online on either CNN.com or Foxnews.com that my Smallpox vaccine from my Army days may protect me. Is this true?
yes

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds