mistergin

Morale has improved but I find I miss the beatings
May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
Could easily do this with a single TF2 hat I have. I get so many random adds/scammers, lol

:rofl: my Original rocket launcher with bling went nuts price-wise and I it's like 6-7x what I paid for it (~$45). I have it at an unreasonably high price in case a crypto bro cashed out and wanted to get stupid, but with the crypto crash I might lower the price and snag the current highest bid :rofl: not sure that's gonna be bouncing back soon

those spikes (looks like there was one 7/10) make me moist.. that's insane :rofl: $696 would cover about everything for a deck I think

1658098929859.png

Rownan

SHIFT
Mar 16, 2000
Highland, MI
Just searched to see if there was a thread on this, looks pretty slow in here lol. Not many of these in people's hands yet I guess.

My preorder popped last week and shit got real, I wasn't sure yet if I actually wanted one but thought what the hell, should be easy to resell if it doesn't meet me needs.

So far I'm finding the steam deck to be a very cool little handheld, valve really did a good job with it and the openness for consumers to tinker with it will really give it legs. I bought the cheapo model and right away upgraded the storage to a 256GB nvme without any problem at all for ~$15.

I thought a classically designed JRPG would be a good casual game to get started on so I picked up Octopath Traveller. What a great game!

One of the biggest surprises that I was not prepared for with this device is just how good the sound is. The spacial audio is insanely good for what this thing is. It's very crisp and has way more range of volume than you would expect. PXL_20220729_012035327.jpg

Reactions: Twinsen and Simple
TS
TS
KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

nͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤ
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I've been loving it for couch/terlit gaming; have probably used it a lil less this week than last, but for all the times where I want to play something casual while on the couch, it's been perfect/top notch. Besides some emulation, I find myself enjoying games I won't otherwise play while I'm on my PC. been having fun playing some fighters and shooters + some single player story driven games. Had thrown it in my work truck at one point this week but it's yet to see any action because I've either worked through rain lately, or just haven't dealt with rain at work :|

Sadly, for me/imho, the ergonomics still aren't top notch enough to where I'm wanting to use it as a web browser for OT; typing just isn't as good for me on the deck vs my phone, and I think that alone is enough to kinda keep me from that use case; same with discord.

still haven't gotten a skin for it yet.

also, had a game crash the other day that'd been running flawless otherwise, was a tiny bit of a bummer (lost progress) but not the end of the world; some games have struggled to sync saves between the PC & linux versions, but it's not been many

Reactions: mistergin
TS
TS
KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

nͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤ
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Grr. Just had the deck power down on me unexpectedly. Had 60% battery and hopped onto apex to see how horrible that was over the deck and mobile wifi.

While exiting game, get battery too low message (after maybe 5? Minutes of playing) and it shuts down on me as I exit to desktop; wouldn’t reboot until I touched a charger to it, and immediately booted and shows 45% battery

:hsd:

Half wonder if It was just software and not hardware that did that.

That said, finally playing some deck during a rain break at work; raining wary enough that I’m not all gross handling the deck

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Got a little email this morning.

hjUAB0Ql.jpg

Swiftie

not a troll account
Jun 4, 2004
OKC
my 512gb is available today.

we still buying these or nah?

i'm on the fents bc my main games developer banned the game from the deck

mistergin

Morale has improved but I find I miss the beatings
May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
my 512gb is available today.

we still buying these or nah?

i'm on the fents bc my main games developer banned the game from the deck

I'm on the fence (no email yet) for the same model. Just not sure if I'd use it (game on PC and can't leave the 3080).

Swiftie

not a troll account
Jun 4, 2004
OKC
I'm on the fence (no email yet) for the same model. Just not sure if I'd use it (game on PC and can't leave the 3080).
yeah i was actually planning on trying to get a 4080 later this year if they are out so it feels this would be a waste.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I was going to get one but ended up with my gaming tablet (12700h, 3050). Not at all in the same category but it does triple duty so I'm cool with the price premium tbh.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Screenshot_20221006-115437.png

He'll yeah bois. What's everyone playing on their steamdeck? Looking for recs for games that don't require a mouse and keyboard/external controller peripheral and aren't super modern graphics that truck the battery in an hour. Got it to pass time at work

Like strategy, builder/resource management, craft games, first person shooters, rpg

ZeroDeeFeX

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Boulder, CO
View attachment 265531

He'll yeah bois. What's everyone playing on their steamdeck? Looking for recs for games that don't require a mouse and keyboard/external controller peripheral and aren't super modern graphics that truck the battery in an hour. Got it to pass time at work

Like strategy, builder/resource management, craft games, first person shooters, rpg

Vampire survivors, ff7 intergrade, mass effect legacy, let me think what else

Reactions: sp00n155

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
My fav (Seated at PC games) in recent memory to help with suggestions on either new games to try or making these run well

Fallout 1/2
RimWorld
Stardew valley (lay off me it's relaxing af)
SimCity series stopping at 4, cities skylines gets honorable mention
Doom 2016
Bethesda fallout games are decent
Hotline Miami
Broteam (broforce? Can't remember)
Civilization series

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman