KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

nͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤ
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I feel like your av is illustrating what you were saying :rofl:

sorry rofl tho not haha rofl
I hadn't played with it as much lately the past two weeks just because the little gaming I've squeezed in has been at the ol' pooter. I've also taken some flak when playing with it while hanging out on the couch with the GF. :rofl:

Anyways, I'd taken it with me to the terlit the other day and was playing vampire survirors. finished, had put it down on the tub ledge like I have a million times.

When I did that, I literally thought "ya know, it's balanced there, but that is a TERRIBLE idea." I had finished and got up and my leg bumped it ever so slightly causing it to teeter over into the tub, fall, and slide a lil. Thankful that the hardware seems fine, but I'm almost certain the rattle I hear is that of a plastic bur/pin that likely held something in place that broke off when it hit. Could have been worse for sure.

I've yet to do the m.2 upgrade to mine, and intend to soon since the 64gb sees it's internal storage eaten up by shader caching should you enable that, so I think I'll probably put in an order soon for the drive and hopefully figure out what broke and stop the rattling. Really only makes noise if you shake it good :hsd: :rofl: :fine:

• Support
Reactions: mistergin

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
What dock are you all using for your SD?

Want one that I can hook up a USB keyboard/mouse and 4k display to, for reasons.

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
It is cool. I would hook that up to the hotel room TV for some multitaskin and gameplay
You can def do that. I travel with a Razor laptop now, it is great for games but not the best for typing on. I'm thinking of using the SD to either stream to a MB Air or carrying this external screen and gaming on that.

TS
TS
KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I'm not, I've heard the games run fine off of an SD card so I'll just buy a 512gb card and keep the extra $400
They do; honestly, the caching of shaders on the internal SSD really keeps it from allowing you to have a ton installed on the 64gb model; with the gaming I do, using the SD card hasn’t been a problem at all.

TS
TS
KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I’ve yet to snag a replacement drive because I honestly don’t want to go through the steps of reinstalling the OS even though it’s not at all complicated. That said, a 512gb ssd that’d work is still less than $100 iirc, so you’re saving money even if you do go that route

Reactions: GRattu

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
I’ve yet to snag a replacement drive because I honestly don’t want to go through the steps of reinstalling the OS even though it’s not at all complicated. That said, a 512gb ssd that’d work is still less than $100 iirc, so you’re saving money even if you do go that route
That's my plan but just not right away. Most of the stuff I'm gonna be playing right away will be emulators or smaller stuff like FF3. The only bigger game I have in my Steam library I'm still working on is Resident Evil 2 remake, so maybe I'll try that.

mistergin

Morale has improved but I find I miss the beatings
May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
Which SD card do ya'll recommend? Got the big deck so have plenty of space but steam laughs at that sentence :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman