GUN Thieves Burglarize Home, Take High-Powered Automatic Weapons

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=6287877

Thieves Burglarize Home, Take High-Powered Automatic Weapons

March 28, 2007 06:12 AM EDT

SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP -- An unusual gun theft in Springfield Township Tuesday morning is leaving local police on edge. Detectives say thieves stole two high-powered automatic weapons that were meant for war and can cause a lot of destruction, reports News 11's Lisa Rantala.

Most gun thefts involve rifles, shotguns, handguns. But in this case, the machine gun makes an AK-47 look like a BB gun, says the gun's owner.

Now deputies want the weapons off the street, fearing where, and with whom, they'll end up.

"It's for killing enemy personnel. The bigger the boom, the bigger the wound," said the gun owner about the stolen guns. And for this local gun owner, the M-60 was a prize in his collection.

He says it can shoot through homes, cars and up to 850 bullets in a minute. It took him eight months to obtain federal approval for the weapon, and he kept it in mint condition to increase its value.

"They're awesome weapons. They're war things, relics, trophies," the gun owner said.

At 2 a.m. Tuesday, he noticed the guns were gone. His apartment and trophy case had both been broken into.

"He came home and found his back door kicked in and had a gun safe that had been pried open," said Lucas County Detective Mark Woodruff.

"I'm worried for the police officers out on the street right now because if real psychos get ahold of these things..." the gun owner worried.

Along with the M-60, the thieves took his automatic Uzi with a silencer. "They'll probably be traded for drug money. So, you don't know who's going to end up with them," Detective Woodruff said.

Police are asking for your help to get these dangerous weapons off the streets. If you have any information about the theft, please call Crime Stopper at 419-255-1111. Or give detectives at the Lucas County Sheriff's Office a call at 419-213-4917.

sprite

May 20, 2003
MI, USA
The dude can afford an M-60, and FA Uzi, and he has them in a gun safe that can be "pried open". Dumbass.

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
But in this case, the machine gun makes an AK-47 look like a BB gun, says the gun's owner.

"It's for killing enemy personnel. The bigger the boom, the bigger the wound," said the gun owner about the stolen guns.
Thank you mr. douche nozzle by trying to make your guns sound extra scary. Talk about a retard giving us bad pr.

Gimik

Sep 16, 2003
Feenicks, Az
Thunderbear said:
As I say that, I'm putting off my purchase of one :o

After I finish the AR and the S12, the safe is next. Honest.
yeah. I skipped a gun purchase to get the safe. The 2 daughters really helped with that though. No one is prying mine open though, that's for sure :x:

david_4x4

Apr 13, 2004
Texas
Thunderbear said:
Quite a bit more than the safe they should have been in. :o
$30k-$50k based on variables

But a couple thousand in a good quality safe should have been pocket change.

Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips
Oct 11, 2002
good come up for somebody, but those assholes are lucky they didnt come when somebody was there, could have been dead.

Aequitas

If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.
Oct 3, 2005
Florida
What do you expect? The guy spends $30k-$50K on firearms while he lives in an apartment. You can't expect someone with such great financial sense to be properly protecting his investment.

Gimik

Sep 16, 2003
Feenicks, Az
can you imagine what went through that burglers mind when he pried open that gun safe and found those? :rofl::rofl: There's probably a stain on the floor in front of that gun locker.

Aequitas

If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.
Oct 3, 2005
Florida
Gimik said:
can you imagine what went through that burglers mind when he pried open that gun safe and found those? :rofl::rofl: There's probably a stain on the floor in front of that gun locker.

I'm willing to bet whoever did it knew what they were going after.

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
Thunderbear said:
As I say that, I'm putting off my purchase of one :o

After I finish the AR and the S12, the safe is next. Honest.

I know that feeling, but I am moving in a couple months and my plans are to install a standard exterior locking door knob on a closet and turn that closet into the gun room. Granted its to bolted to studs and tipping the scales at hundreds of pounds, but it is better than the nothing I have now. Plus I'll have space for everything, guns, ammo, cases, cleaning supplies, work table, manuals and paperwork. (basically a 6x10 room with AC and a light with a slanted ceiling from 4 feet to 5.5 feet.)

vettefan52

Aequitas said:
What do you expect? The guy spends $30k-$50K on firearms while he lives in an apartment. You can't expect someone with such great financial sense to be properly protecting his investment.

it could be a condo... lots of people dont know the difference. for example, i have to put APT xxx on my address, but its not an apartment its a condo.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan