garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon

Zki6LEk.gif

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
What's it like living in Portland these days? It's been quite the year for the area. New role for work may bring me into the metro area so I'm curious.

Is this Boise area the poor area of town?

Evan

OT Supporter
May 3, 2002
Portland OR
What's it like living in Portland these days? It's been quite the year for the area. New role for work may bring me into the metro area so I'm curious.

This is on Mississippi, a very fast growing neighborhood.

Portland is weird right now, lots of small businesses closing and fucked up shit happening in local government. :dunno:

Reactions: majesty
TS
TS
garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon

It's a gentrifying part of town, a partial contributor to this unrest.
I live in a far out part of Portland that's quiet for the most part. Until this incident the unrest was really just isolated to a few blocks downtown and occasionally the police union hq which is a bit closer to me (still miles away).

Sure once the eviction moratorium ends the shit will really hit the fan.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
It's a gentrifying part of town, a partial contributor to this unrest.
I live in a far out part of Portland that's quiet for the most part. Until this incident the unrest was really just isolated to a few blocks downtown and occasionally the police union hq which is a bit closer to me (still miles away).

Sure once the eviction moratorium ends the shit will really hit the fan.

Thanks for the info. How realistic is it to live in Vancouver, Wa and commute into downtown infrequently?

Have you ever thought about moving to Corvallis, Eugene, or Bend? Spent a week in Bend earlier this year and loved it aside from how remote it is.

TS
TS
garbagemanlb

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
Thanks for the info. How realistic is it to live in Vancouver, Wa and commute into downtown infrequently?

Have you ever thought about moving to Corvallis, Eugene, or Bend? Spent a week in Bend earlier this year and loved it aside from how remote it is.
The evening commute from PDX to Vancouver is brutal. It took me an hour to get from downtown across the bridge using I5. Of course this was in The Before Times so who the fuck knows what commutes will look like in the future. I work remote but I think the long term is they will have us do a hybrid WFH so I have to stay in the PDX area.

If you can afford a place in Bend (prices there are high just like in Portland) and work remote more power to you. It's a nice area.

Reactions: Feels Good Man

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
If this is accurate, good. The neighborhood rallying to stop unlawful eviction that would otherwise go unnoticed.
hopefully the sleazy investor trying to cheat these people out of an 8 figure asset gets publicly hanged.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor