MIL Thinking about changing branches

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drunk Bastard Audio, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

Next spring, i'll be pinning on CPT and I don't want to go to CLC3 (Logistics). So if I don't get selected for Civil Affairs in March, I've been thinking about Military Intelligence (with the hope of later getting into the counter-intel side) or Engineer, just not sure which.

I know as a MI CPT, odds are i'll be stuck on BN/BCT Staff as the S-2...but seeing/knowing my BN's previous S-2...it wasn't that bad of a gig.

Engineers...i don't know much outside of what the ones like Ranger did for us in Iraq, paving safe routes for my convoys.

2. JSin

JSin New Member

Rethink, being MI sucks. MI officer deploy the most behind SF officers.

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

how hard is it to get into the Counter Intel side...i know you have to go through a selection process but i've only known 1 person who was actually counter intel but that was while he was enlisted...now he's a FA officer, wanting to go back to counter intel.

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

Well not sure how the Army does it but without an engineering degree not sure how you could get a slot in engineering in the AF.

5. Drunk Bastard Audio

you could have a degree in basket weaving and be an Engineer Officer in the Army.

6. evan2

evan2 Guest

seeing as I work in engineering for the AF I can believe that....

7. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

there are vertical, horizontal, plummers, and all kinds of shit for engineers. the only different ones are combat engineers which is what it sounds like this ranger guy did or bridge crew members.

8. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

what branch are you currently.
    Im MI branch detailed to FA, and I'm trying to complete a branch transfer to Armor, since I have zero interest in remaining FA or going to MI.