GUN Thinking about getting an 870.

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
20" Barrel with a 8+1 mag so they even out.

I'd sell my Knoxx Spec Ops for my Mossberg and config that to be my clay gun.

Then I'd get the Knoxx for the 870 + a Mesa Tactical 6rd sidesaddle.

Sound good?

TS
TS
The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA
Fuck it I'll just get another 870 when I save up enough, then add more shit to it. Can't ever have too many guns.

So question now is.. do I get it before or after the 10/22? :noes:

Market Garden

Get the 10/22 first. It's cheap to buy, and you already have a shotgun anyways.

Ford4Life

You'll need to change the forearm on the 870 for it to work with the Mesa, the factory one is to long.

Market Garden

I thought the same. Any recommendations on what barrel/stock to get? Or scope for that matter?
If you're going to mod it, get whatever is cheapest. The blued barrel models have receivers that are black, and the stainless models have silver receivers. The receivers are aluminum, so neither is better than the other, just consider the color if that's what's important to you.

As for the scope, it depends on what you want to do with it. I have a C-More on my 10/22 and it's a lot of fun. I don't shoot it for groups off a bench anymore, so the C-More is better suited to the plinking that I do. I actually really like the Burris FastFire sight. It's smaller, lighter, sits lower to the bore than the C-More, and is cheaper. You really have to define the purpose of the gun before you decide on a scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan