ART thinking about selling my canon stuff

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
thinking about selling my canon stuff and picking up a micro 4/3's olympus camera. i'm just wondering if i would regret it. photography for me is only a hobby, i don't take pictures of much besides my kids and i don't even do that often enough. i really like that there are cheap adapters for the micro 4/3's cameras to use a bunch of old manual focus lenses which would make for some really cheap stuff to play around with.

right now i've got a 30d, 17-40, 85 1.8, and a 550ex. the rest of the stuff i have is lighting that i might sell to get something new there too. so anyone have one of the olympus pen or panasonic cameras? i just wanted to try to get some thoughts from someone that might have one of them.

edit - think i've made my decision and i'm going to make the jump to a micro 4/3's camera. i need to use my stuff to do a new shoot of my daughter this weekend for her agency (she decided to cut her hair today at school) but come monday i'm going to make a for sale thread with at least the 30d, 17-40, 85, and 550ex. still deciding about the pair of yongnuo flashes and the cybersyncs though :o

Last edited:

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
i know a friend that got rid of his 5D2 for an olympus Pen, for the same reasons you described.

he's quite happy, but i hear the panny GF2 is more of a 'photographers camera', i guess meaning there's less bells and whistles, but it feels better constructed and IQ is generally better.

or, get an X100 :bowdown:

TS
TS
tetsuo

tetsuo

May 6, 2004
i know a friend that got rid of his 5D2 for an olympus Pen, for the same reasons you described.

he's quite happy, but i hear the panny GF2 is more of a 'photographers camera', i guess meaning there's less bells and whistles, but it feels better constructed and IQ is generally better.

or, get an X100 :bowdown:
i thought about the x100 but i really want to be able to put a longer lens on when i want to do portraits of my kids. if they release a version with interchangeable lenses, then i would probably be all over that.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
i think a m4/3's would be good. and yeah, with adapters you cna put some damn fine glass on there.

wizeguy4

Apr 5, 2002
Allentown, PA
I think it is great decision and you will love the 4 thirds and will never look back and regret this.

so uh - how much for teh 85 and 550ex????

TS
TS
tetsuo

tetsuo

May 6, 2004
the more i think about it, the more i think i'm going to do it :run:

TS
TS
tetsuo

tetsuo

May 6, 2004
like i said earlier, if it had interchangeable lenses i would be all over it :o

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
If you went cheaper on the camera you might not have to sell your canon gear. So you could go with something smaller with a fixed lens and that would give you a better walk around camera because you're more likely to stash in your pocket. Then you'd still have your 85 for portrait work and more serious stuff.

Maybe just sell one lens or wait a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor