Third Year without Electricity on Thanksgiving

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
It has become a yearly tradition that SCE shuts off our power on Thanksgiving Day due to "winds." This year, they aren't even hiding the racket... they warned us 2 weeks in advance.

Last year, our 90 year old neighbor died on Thanksgiving morning, probably because he didn't have oxygen due to power being out. They had to leave the body in the house for 24 hours because there was nobody to come pick it up due to the holiday. Shit was wild.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia
It has become a yearly tradition that SCE shuts off our power on Thanksgiving Day due to "winds." This year, they aren't even hiding the racket... they warned us 2 weeks in advance.

Last year, our 90 year old neighbor died on Thanksgiving morning, probably because he didn't have oxygen due to power being out. They had to leave the body in the house for 24 hours because there was nobody to come pick it up due to the holiday. Shit was wild.

Wtf

Edit: Also what part of SoCal do you live in? I lived there for 10 years and never once had my electricity turned off due to wind.

Reactions: xioix

DoucheBag

OT Supporter
Aug 14, 2003
Miami Fl.

its code for "were all taking the day off at the power plant"

Reactions: Wolf
TS
TS
FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Where in the hell do you live? Remind me to never go there.

Wtf

Edit: Also what part of SoCal do you live in? I lived there for 10 years and never once had my electricity turned off due to wind.
Eastern Ventura County. This is a new way they are trying to repay Ventura County after the Thomas Fire. Our circuit constantly gets selected but we've never had a fire in our area.

It's hilarious because my place in Mammoth gets bad winds in the summer with no fires or power shut offs.

Reactions: Camaro3800

CopenKagan

OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Eastern Ventura County. This is a new way they are trying to repay Ventura County after the Thomas Fire. Our circuit constantly gets selected but we've never had a fire in our area.

It's hilarious because my place in Mammoth gets bad winds in the summer with no fires or power shut offs.
Sounds like it's time to invest into a Power Wall or something.

Reactions: Achance007

Mr. Kitty Litter

Feelin’ generous?
Jun 3, 2004
The Metaverse

That sounds like a lawsuit w/ an easy win.

• Haha
Reactions: Narc

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Complain to both the local news and your state rep. This is the kind of shit they live for. If your neighbor had family talk to them, they may not have been aware of the power situation and might now want to consider a wrongful death suit :dunno:

Edit: And followup with your state rep ALL THE TIME about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Point out that you feel like anyone moving into the area needs to know about the power problems and that it'll lower land values (and nobody will like that).

Narc

Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
People saying "sue"

That's the reason they do these PSPS so they don't get sued to causing the fires.

No power = nope, we didn't start this fire

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
I haven't got a notification from SCE about today. I think we had power last year but others nearby didn't.

Got another high wind advisory for today

Screenshot_20221124-025826.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman