Third Year without Electricity on Thanksgiving

Creator

The Creator Has a Master Plan
Sep 27, 2001
Here
The wind is pretty nuts right now. I remember most of the area was without power last thanksgiving, although we had it

TS
TS
FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Our power was shut off at 6:45 and will not be turned back on until tomorrow. It's not even windy.

• Haha
Reactions: whatever
TS
TS
FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
thats on you at this point for not having a generator
Totally agree, but we do have a generator. The problem is more that Spectrum doesn't have battery backups like they do in civilization.

Fortunately this isn't my house. I am just visiting my parents, but I grew up in this dump. This place is so podunk (it's not even rural!) that I can't understand why people spend $2 million+ out here. Power is constantly out, nasty water, tons of traffic, horrible schools.

I will suggest we start having Thanksgiving in Mammoth. Despite windstorms and snowstorms the power rarely goes out!

Reactions: whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Totally agree, but we do have a generator. The problem is more that Spectrum doesn't have battery backups like they do in civilization.

Fortunately this isn't my house. I am just visiting my parents, but I grew up in this dump. This place is so podunk (it's not even rural!) that I can't understand why people spend $2 million+ out here. Power is constantly out, nasty water, tons of traffic, horrible schools.

I will suggest we start having Thanksgiving in Mammoth. Despite windstorms and snowstorms the power rarely goes out!

sounds like the solution is to move your parents to oklahoma

Reactions: Diesel66

CitznFish

Don't live life by a single sentence
OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
Eastern Ventura County. This is a new way they are trying to repay Ventura County after the Thomas Fire. Our circuit constantly gets selected but we've never had a fire in our area.

It's hilarious because my place in Mammoth gets bad winds in the summer with no fires or power shut offs.
Eastern Ventura County huh? Where there are currently 50mph winds right now? Where the Thomas fire, started by high winds knocking down power lines, burned over 1200 county residences? And you're complaining that SCE is trying to be proactive at stopping runaway fires in high wind conditions?

That's what you're crying about?

And you've had 3 years to purchase a generator for these reoccurring outages, yet you haven't.

Reactions: Narc
TS
TS
FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Eastern Ventura County huh? Where there are currently 50mph winds right now? Where the Thomas fire, started by high winds knocking down power lines, burned over 1200 county residences? And you're complaining that SCE is trying to be proactive at stopping runaway fires in high wind conditions?

And you've had 3 years to purchase a generator for these reoccurring outages, yet you haven't.
Can you read? Like, at all?

We have a generator.

Next, cry me a river. There is always an SCE buttlicker in every thread.

And no, there is not any wind where I am. None. Zilch. Nada.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003

If only their was a safe way to deliver power without having to worry about winds

CitznFish

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
Can you read? Like, at all?

We have a generator.

Next, cry me a river. There is always an SCE buttlicker in every thread.

And no, there is not any wind where I am. None. Zilch. Nada.
I'm in the same area and there definitely is. Consider yourself lucky I guess.

CitznFish

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
If only their was a safe way to deliver power without having to worry about winds
Of course there is, but the cost to move that infrastructure underground must be in the billions. I wish it was all underground already. :hs:

Luckily our neighborhood has all sce lines underground

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman