ENT This actor made The Strain worth watching

Bill The Butcher

Nov 28, 2004
Chicago(land)
Just finished the series today. The episode with his flashback and when he held Dutch hostage was the best of the series IMO.

0a5fb657fd9135a1936d6ee3f2032643.jpg

Are the books worth reading?

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
It had a good premise but ended up being retarded.

spoiler------

How does the government not send in the army or do much of anything when Vampires are rapidly taking over NYC?

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA

spoiler------

How does the government not send in the army or do much of anything when Vampires are rapidly taking over NYC?

Because everything happened over days, not 3 years

TS
TS
Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher

Nov 28, 2004
Chicago(land)
Started out OK and took a very big dive by the end of Se01
Unwatchable IMO

Yeah I was glad to be done with it.

spoiler------

Lots of plot holes. Like at the end the Master says: I'll never get close enough to the bomb to Born-O

Not much later he's marching his whole vamp army right to them to fight :hmm:

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
Yeah I was glad to be done with it.

Lots of plot holes. Like at the end the Master says: I'll never get close enough to the bomb to Born-O

Not much later he's marching his whole vamp army right to them to fight :hmm:

The series did an absolute shit job explaining it.

Ozryel, one of three arch-angels sent to annihilate Sodom and Gamorah, was cut up into peices. The pieces were spread across the earth. So the second nuke was to destroy the part of the body that created the master. He had no choice but to try and stop him

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill The Butcher
TS
TS
Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher

Nov 28, 2004
Chicago(land)
The series did an absolute shit job explaining it.

Ozryel, one of three angels sent to annihilate Sodom and Gamorah, was cut up into peices. The pieces were spread across the earth. So the second nuke was to destroy the part of the body that created the master. He had no choice but to try and stop him

I'm gonna have to get the books. Hoping my library has them to borrow

Reactions: melroy and Mrfrosty

Mrfrosty

OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
I'm gonna have to get the books. Hoping my library has them to borrow

If you're not into history and religion it's going to be a bore to you. I love history so it's a nice twist on things. The fall was probably my favorite. Night eternal answers a lot of questions the series didn't have time to. Basically s1-3 is the strain, s4 was supposed to be the fall, and s5 was book 3. But FX cut it down to 4 seasons. That's why s4 was such a steaming pile of shit.

Reactions: Bill The Butcher
TS
TS
Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher

Nov 28, 2004
Chicago(land)
If you're not into history and religion it's going to be a bore to you. I love history so it's a nice twist on things. The fall was probably my favorite. Night eternal answers a lot of questions the series didn't have time to. Basically s1-3 is the strain, s4 was supposed to be the fall, and s5 was book 3. But FX cut it down to 4 seasons. That's why s4 was such a steaming pile of shit.

I think I'll enjoy them and it looks like my library has ebooks I can use so will go that route. If I don't then no $ spent.

• Love
Reactions: Mrfrosty

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan