CAR This is what happens when Ford outsources their 2011 Mustang transmissions....

oh u mad

so fucking Chinese people could build it with their legendary reputation for quality... then bring it back to the U.S..... i was wondering why the 2011-2012 Mustangs were so damn cheap for the performance... these transmissions must cost like $100/each to Ford

There is a 300+ page thread at allfordmustangs.com with owners mad as fuck and abcnews.com is going to go forward with a special on this investigation. Every Mustang forum pretty much has a huge sticky with this transmission issue.

Current owners are also telling people that are about to buy one to stay away until Ford does the right thing and puts a quality transmission in here.
[y]6IhadvWIX6o&feature=player_embedded[/y]

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
TS

oh u mad

also, many people who were going to buy it decided on something else because of these stickies.....

also TONS of complaints about a "ticking" noise in the V6 engines.

TS
TS

oh u mad

you seriously gotta pay to play... no fucking way you're going to get a QUALITY 305 HP sports car for only $22,000 MSRP.... and these corner cutting strategies fucking show.... you don't get something for nothing. I was so curious how the MSRP was the same price as a fucking Honda Civic SI and $1000 less than the Golf GTI.

valvefloat

OT Supporter
Oct 16, 2004
floor mat is in the way of the shifter. They need to hire toyota to notch the floorboards.

momentum

CAN'T STOP THIS SON!
Jan 2, 2001
San Diego
might as well get a used 350z, more hp stock, cheaper, and looks better, or get a 370z for more and even better car than a mustang

Dec 20, 2000
the 6R80 6-speed autos in the 2011+ GT are pretty durable and are quicker than the MT82 6-speed manual at the track. So the auto is the one to get right now.

TS
TS

oh u mad

Ford will make it right.
except they did absolutely jack shit except a "fluid change" TSB instead of a recall like they should. That is why abcnews.com is doing an investigation so they could air it on television.

abcnews.com also did that when BMW was doing jack shit about mass fuel pump problems in the twin turbo V6's for over a year. Then BMW released a recall TWO HOURS AFTER the special aired.:ugh:

momentum

CAN'T STOP THIS SON!
Jan 2, 2001
San Diego
the 6R80 6-speed autos in the 2011+ GT are pretty durable and are quicker than the MT82 6-speed manual at the track. So the auto is the one to get right now.
:bowrofl: holy fail if a sports car has a auto, even worse to say its the better option to get over a manual tranny.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish

I would rather go slower with a manual than drive an auto.

I wish my Supra was 6spd. Had to settle for an auto back in 2000. Costs too much to convert.

TS
TS

oh u mad

FUCK YOU TOO BMW... releasing a recall 2 HOURS AFTER the investigation? YOU fucking pieces of shit

[y]W_g7yHutNi8[/y]

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
:bowrofl: holy fail if a sports car has a auto, even worse to say its the better option to get over a manual tranny.

well, these days an auto has just as many gears and changes them faster than a human could.

That being said i dont want a car that drives itself

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan