This week, I finally close on our new house

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
We sold our old house in late 2019 and couldn't find a suitable replacment. After a year of apartment living, we finally found a house that my wife and I both love.

Specs:
built in the late 80s
4BR, 3 1/2 bath
3350sq ft
heated pool
enclosed patio
detached garage
zoned to some of the top schools in the houston area :bowdown:

This was a custom home made for someone else, so there are some challenges that we have to overcome. making someone elses "dream home" yours isn't going to be easy.

2ITsGB6.jpeg

0o4a2Qb.jpeg

PVlBykr.jpeg

The hilarious outdoor patio area, complete with grill and vent hood( :rofl: )
OwjAGFx.jpeg

Den area #1. I wanted to make this into our living room/den but got outvoted.
2Kp064o.jpg

I guess this was a formal dining area or something, this is going to be my office:
OQRkLbb.jpeg

Living room area. I hate this area. It's kludgie as fuck and i am not in love with it, but i'll make it work.
JlrdRuj.jpeg

IkbPWJz.jpeg

hbVTdCx.jpg

mJAvqqu.jpg

Master BR
tKqyqST.jpeg

Master bath. for some weird ass reason, there's only one electrical plug in here.... :hsugh:

qsp2rRM.jpeg

e4tQDB9.jpeg

Kids bedrooms both look like this, and are identical:
rfjvlHg.jpeg

jack and jill for the kids:
EUPeDqn.jpg

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
/r/tvtoohigh

But congrats! Looks like a solid house. WTF @ the indoor patio :rofl:

TS
TS
fuct.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Now this i thought was neat, a dedicated guest suite seperated on it's own with it's own bath. Its even elevated by a few stais(while cool, it means i can't have a fucking vaccuum robot upstairs that will reach it :mad: )

4esTMYd.jpeg

0SjCloi.jpeg

3g5AfkC.jpeg

Reactions: joke's old

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
that his&hers sink arrangement is hilarious to me and you can tell it was done custom, cause a normal builder would have done everything they could to make it symmetrical.

That was totally a "well you're a guy and don't need as much space around your sink" type thinking when designing. :rofl:

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Now this i thought was neat, a dedicated guest suite seperated on it's own with it's own bath. Its even elevated by a few stais(while cool, it means i can't have a fucking vaccuum robot upstairs that will reach it :mad: )

4esTMYd.jpeg

0SjCloi.jpeg

3g5AfkC.jpeg
something like that is usually called the Mother-in-Law suite in my experience.

DON'T WANT THAT OLD BAT TO NEED TO INTERACT WITH THE REST OF THE HOUSE! :rofl:

and the solution is just to get another robot vac, can never have too many. :mamoru2:

TS
TS
fuct.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
that his&hers sink arrangement is hilarious to me and you can tell it was done custom, cause a normal builder would have done everything they could to make it symmetrical.

That was totally a "well you're a guy and don't need as much space around your sink" type thinking when designing. :rofl:
we had to get rid of our electric toothbrushes and switch to battery ones because there's no goddamn plugs :mad:

Joesbe

Every man dies, but not every man really lives.
OT Supporter
Apr 13, 2008
we had to get rid of our electric toothbrushes and switch to battery ones because there's no goddamn plugs :mad:

Are there plugs in the vanities, sometimes they did shit like that back in the day.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Umm what? You must have summer poverty ass brushes if they need to be plugged in after every use...

My sonicare lasts like two weeks

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
Making the den/living room would be much better than that spot next to the kitchen. I feel ya on that one.

TS
TS
fuct.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Pics of the detached garage? I am struggling to find a place that either has one or had room for me to build one around here :hs:
for some wierd ass reson the selling realtor too NO pictures of the garage.

i guess it's not *technically* detached, because it shares the same roof as the house, but in my old house the garage was PART of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor