This will end up polarizing..but I have a question..

Chuck Finley

Florida Man | Infamous ROFL Spammer
Super Moderator
May 1, 2002
St Pete, FL
FL concealed holder here... I agree I think the alcohol excuse is weak because you can go to a restaurant that serves alcohol. I would say the serving of alcohol is not the "primary purpose" of this place, unless they have a bar area that could be a grey area to avoid. I re-reviewed the list and don't see anything they can hang their hat on: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html

Contact an attorney and see what they have to say. Did you get the names of the people who refused you entry? I would take taken pictures and a video of them refusing you entry.
Bruh he is an attorney

CopenKagan

OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Seems like a weird hill for that cop to die on considering he knew it was a violation of your rights and state law. I can see why you wouldn't want to get him fired, but is there a lesser path you can take aside from tucking tail?

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Dude shouldn't lose his livelihood over something like this. Being educated on the matter should suffice.
Meh he’s an ex-cop who knows what kind of shit he did or got into and then got this cushy gig as head of security. He got a pension he will be fine

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Virginia

SECURITY
The Performing Arts Center Authority (PACA) is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for its patrons. All persons and bags are subject to search prior to or upon entering the interior of our premises and PACA may use metal detectors and supplemental hand wands or other devices at any event. Bags must fit comfortably under your seat. Oversized bags are prohibited and must be returned to your vehicle.

Guests are prohibited from bringing or possessing weapons of any kind into the Broward Center for the Performing Arts or on any portion of its premises (excluding locked private vehicles in parking areas). PACA does not provide weapons lockers and weapons may not be checked in with any staff or security personnel. Any patron found in possession of a weapon will be asked by PACA staff to return the item to his or her vehicle.

Please be advised that due to enhanced security measures we are asking all ticket holders to arrive early and travel light.

TS
TS
michael

michael

Your Brother *is* Christ
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
Seems like a weird hill for that cop to die on considering he knew it was a violation of your rights and state law. I can see why you wouldn't want to get him fired, but is there a lesser path you can take aside from tucking tail?
I'll email the County attorney on Monday and give her a heads up and just see what she says.

TS
TS
michael

michael

Your Brother *is* Christ
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
Yeah. That's a violation of the law. HEH.

CopenKagan

OT Supporter
Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
They can claim that's their policy. It doesn't mean it's legal. If it's a county facility, and you can carry in county facilities, they may not have a leg to stand on.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman