CAR Tinted visor...

M.A. Malone Esq.

OT Supporter
Aug 17, 2004
On your jock
Is it only for the day time? If you have a tinted visor, do you just switch it out for night driving? And if so, what do you do if you go to work or something where you will be there for an extended period of time? Bring both visors? :dunno:

DoucheBag

Aug 14, 2003
Miami Fl.
i would wear a light smoke all the time. was suprisingly transparent at night, unless i was on an extremely dark road.

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
i used to just wear my mirrored visor and bring safety glasses with me for night time use, but wind in my face for extended periods of times gets me sick...

since i carry my backpack with me most of the time that i ride, i just toss in my clear visor and swap it if i need to.

i've debated on one of those color changer visors... tinted during the day, clear at night... but i haven't done research on how well those work yet...

mtnbikekid08

Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps
Jul 31, 2007
San Jose
If they work like some of the glasses that some of my asian friends wore, they would be pretty damn good

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
I just wear tinted all the time.. can see fine at night.

Only time it's a problem, is if I leave the city to places that don't have streetlights etc.. which is a fair way out considering where I live.. if i'm heading that far out, i'll put the clear on.

Figori

Taking BRC to the EXTREME. Bitch I operate.
OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Somewhere near the Pentagon...
mc1.jpg

Problem solved. HJC FS-10 fossil

Kenny Powers

BIG ANGERY
OT Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
I used to wear a dark tinted visor 24/7. I could see at night well enough. When I bought a second helmet I just put a clear visor in one and dark in the other. Once I started using the clear visor at night I couldn't believe how much more I felt like I could see.

I wouldn't wear use a tinted visor at night ever again. Sure you can see ok, but I'd rather have the most amount of vision possible.

jdw

Dec 31, 2005
ND
I've worn my dark smoke visor at night - wasn't too bad.

I have thrown the clear visor in the backpack when I plan on riding at night though.

ihaveduff

Jan 31, 2008
Sydney, Australia
From what i've seen, the color changer visors don't go anywhere near dark enough for daylight.

I usually ride with my "smoked" mirror visor, and only use my clear for country rides at night

BlkDrgnZ28

Jan 7, 2008
Daytona Beach
i used to ride with the dark at night but got in too many close calls with animals i either ride with a clear glasses with the dark or ohh i dunno if your having too much issues with this ohh i dunno maybe wear some sunglasses granted not as cool looking but equally if not more effective

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec