GUN Tips on getting my first weapon ??

Log Out

Too many of these paranoia movies, threads, discussions are getting to me. I don't wanna be the only person without a weapon, heh. I've served a little bit in the Army and Marine Corps, and I'm black. :wavey:

TS
TS

Log Out

heh, thanks for one opinion. I would assume opinions differ on what is 'all I need'.

TS
TS

Log Out

I guess the first step would be finding all the gun stores in the area, doing some physical research, finding prices, learning what's a normal price, and what's marked up. What breaks down easily, what needs constant cleaning, what are the most commonly purchased weapons, how long a background check takes, etc....

Oh, lol, I should probably find out if I can have a weapon on campus in my apartment.

Radicus

Jul 5, 2005
Free State
What tasks do you need a gun to perform? Fun? SD? CC?

Usually a 9mm pistol of the plastic variety is the better all around first gun. It's also the hardest to learn to shoot really well which is another good reason to get a pistol first.

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
heh, thanks for one opinion. I would assume opinions differ on what is 'all I need'.

But not by much. Remington 870, Glock 19

Those are two great weapons to start with and meet the paranoia/SHTF needs of most people.

Beyond that, if you are looking for something to learn to shoot with and not about impressing your friends.... Ruger 10/22, Ruger 22/45 or Browning Buckmark.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field

Not a bad opinion really.

There's a number of alternatives to the glock that are equally reliable and priced similarly....find some place that will let you rent, find what you like, buy what you like, practice with it.

Same goes for the shotty....590 is good, so is the Remmy 870.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan