Votes: 13 50.0%
  • shave it

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
So, I've hooked up with a local studio who was looking for a 2nd primary to shoot weddings (think Bella, but on a non hateful more local level) Thursday I have to meet them to have a video shot to show potential brides. I have a pretty wicked awesome beard going right now. It's rather long, but not unkempt..... should I shave it down to something more respectable?

**EDIT PIC ADDED BELOW**

Last edited:

nicklk

Aug 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Just shave like I did:

l_13e5f73b1abd4c99b8d8a1927bc359dc.jpg

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Tie some burning wicks in it and announce in your best pirate voice "Arrgg...I'm ye new photographer and if ye don't like it, I'll rape yer women and have ye innards for breakfast!!"

TS
TS
IntheWorks

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
I'm leaning towards keeping the beard, but trimming it down to something more manageable...

FlashhslaF

Sep 17, 2003
i'm curious why would you having a beard (given that its well groomed) be any hindrance to the skill you are going to provide to them?

TS
TS
IntheWorks

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
i'm curious why would you having a beard (given that its well groomed) be any hindrance to the skill you are going to provide to them?

because it's about appearances. It goes like this. A bride contacts the studio, wants them to shoot her wedding. They have her come in and show her vids of us who work for them in our area. I'm afraid, well groomed or not, a bride will be turned off by my manly scruff.... And, if I don't get "picked" I don't get paid.

FlashhslaF

Sep 17, 2003
because it's about appearances. It goes like this. A bride contacts the studio, wants them to shoot her wedding. They have her come in and show her vids of us who work for them in our area. I'm afraid, well groomed or not, a bride will be turned off by my manly scruff.... And, if I don't get "picked" I don't get paid.

In the end I guess it just boils down to what good is my beard to me if I can't make the bills on time. The question is where do you draw the line to please clients? I'm guess I'm just baffled that a beard can have such a negative impact on a future client!

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
So you're asking us for advice whether to shave or not in a photography forum and you're not able to provide a pic of yourself with said beard?

TS
TS
IntheWorks

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
ok.. here's the shot... but please keep in mind this is after like 3 days straight of working 14+hrs out in our new house so I'm looking a little gamey and I don't think I had showered yet for the day :o

3116065812_4b6b301459.jpg

wrong1

Sep 12, 2004
socal
ok.. here's the shot... but please keep in mind this is after like 3 days straight of working 14+hrs out in our new house so I'm looking a little gamey and I don't think I had showered yet for the day :o

3116065812_4b6b301459.jpg

inb4thisturnsintoathreadaboutspartaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TS
TS
IntheWorks

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
:wtc: I cut the beard down to a 4 gaurd, put on some uncomfortable clothes and came into work only to find an email that they've got to reschedule.

TS
TS
IntheWorks

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
beards are for those in their 20's who want to look older. the key to life now is to look younger without the look of a third world country girl's bush.

lol... my wife said the trimmed down version makes me look younger... but I honestly don't care how old/young I look :dunno:

Keegan

Jun 9, 2008
DC
I'd definitely shave it, but if you're going to keep it, clean it up real well. If you want more professional jobs you'll need to look the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan