GUN Took my new M&P9 shooting

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
Ok well I got it yesterday and just had to shoot it today. Its my first gun....my other thread is only a few down.

I love the way it felt. But unfortunately it was already dark by the time I got set up at my grandparents backyard. (they live on 20 acres). I just set up my flashlight on the target from about 40 feet away and went through 2 mags. I could barely see my own sites so it made it hard to aim but I really just want to try it out. Me and some friends are going to go on Saturday to a friends property in the middle of no where and go crazy and it will actually be day time.

2011-01-17%2020.45.12.jpg

Datass

Sep 19, 2007
socal
Nice. I'm picking mine up next week. Also my 1st gun. I'm on day 2 of a shitty 10 day waiting period.

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
40 feet, in the dark (no sights), and your first gun? Damn. Makes me think I'm doing something really, really wrong when I can barely get shots that good (ok, usually worse) at 10 yards in the daytime.

Datass

Sep 19, 2007
socal
Finally picked up my M&P today!! Think I'll take it to the range tomorrow after work. Question for you guys, the slide release is REALLY tight. I can't get it to release the slide for shit. Will this loosen up with use or do I have to just get used to slingshotting it?

TS
TS
Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
Finally picked up my M&P today!! Think I'll take it to the range tomorrow after work. Question for you guys, the slide release is REALLY tight. I can't get it to release the slide for shit. Will this loosen up with use or do I have to just get used to slingshotting it?

I thought mine was messed up. but after having an experience friend look at it he just showed me you gotta pull it back and just let go. Let it fling forward. otherwise it was getting caught up on the bullet. but we did lube the shit out of it too anyways.

Datass

Sep 19, 2007
socal
Hmm ok. Guess I'll have to get used to doing it that way. I also just read some people have the same issue but it loosened up over time so hopefully mine will too.

All the more reason to go shooting :dunno:

TQ

Sep 20, 2002
Kansas City, MO

It just needs to be broken in. My was nice and easy after a few hundred rounds :bigthumb:

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
Question for you guys, the slide release is REALLY tight. I can't get it to release the slide for shit. Will this loosen up with use or do I have to just get used to slingshotting it?
That's because it's called a 'slide stop'. It's primary function is to hold the slide open on an empty mag.

You don't necessarily have to slingshot it, I use an overhand grip... but either way will work.

BlueApocalypse

Nov 4, 2006
Lefty here, so it's just become muscle memory to turn the pistol 90 degrees to the inside and rack the slide with my right hand since the M9 isn't lefty friendly. Both of the M&Ps I've had (45 and 9Pro) the slide release was pretty stiff. Just got use to 'sling shotting' them.

TQ

Sep 20, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Either you guys are some limp wristed SOB's or I have exceptional thumb strength because my slide release is very easy to press :rofl:

A friend of mine even commented on how much easier it was to push compared to his Xd.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor