ART Took some pics downtown

Chinoxxl

Aug 22, 2006
NYC
Was bored the other night....went to just shoot around. some random dude let me on top of his building to take some pics
IMG_9259.JPG

IMG_9279.JPG

IMG_9280.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

YourMomOnRyeBun

Sep 6, 2006
Houston, TX
Funny you posted this because I did the exact same thing on Friday night...got bored, went downtown and took some pics. Wasn't so luck with the rooftop shots though.

My plan was to go to the rooftop of some of the parking ramps. Hadn't planned on the fact that most are gated (real gates, not just the little arm). Oh well...

Found a...for lack of a better word...cobblestone road (brick pavers, etc) with a brick apartment building on either side. The way the light hits it makes it really cool for an HDR image. Failed with the composition, so I'll try to get it again this weekend if the weather is cooperating.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
Like em, though they are a bit dark imo. Personally I prefer brighter night time photos. You probably can get away with subtle HDR (i.e. bring up some of the shadows)

(or it's my uncalibrated monitor where I don't see much shadow detail :o)

TS
TS
Chinoxxl

Chinoxxl

Aug 22, 2006
NYC
Like em, though they are a bit dark imo. Personally I prefer brighter night time photos. You probably can get away with subtle HDR (i.e. bring up some of the shadows)

(or it's my uncalibrated monitor where I don't see much shadow detail :o)
Yeah they are prolly a lil dark I only Had like 20 mins up there and had my tripod hanging halfway off the roof and trying to hold it still, lol

MB300E87

Jun 4, 2001
California
i like the color of the lights in the building in #3. wish i didn't live in the suburbs 40 minutes away from any sort of cool buildings.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan