Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Hillary, Mar 30, 2009.
Thanks to TapoutTonster for filming.
Hillary, you are the best.
That black gi suits you, it's gangsta.
Seriously good job Hillary, that was sick to watch.
You need to get some chunky thighs you would finish those triangles alot quicker.
That other girl was a tough fucking cookie though dude, I don't think that is her problem, that chick was determined to not tap and tried everything lol. Seriously I felt her pain a couple of times when Hillary was squeezing the crap out of her body. That was a worthy opponent.
hahah very cool. dramatic finish
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)
Yay! Me. I am the closest person I know.
how did you do???
That was some quick triangle'n.
good fucking job, hillary
you needs some judo
I read the writeup on the UG and it the match sounded awesome. The video didn't disappoint.
Great job. Was this an absolute match?
It was the first match of the day.
1) Middle weight -- Jen - triangle.
2) Middle weight -- some chick, quick easy triangle.
3) Absolute -- a middle-heavy girl, triangle.
4) Absolute -- Jen again, had a triangle sunk in and won on advantage.
5) Absolute -- VERY tough light weight Canadian girl, score was like 8-0.
6) Absolute -- Heavyweight Gracie Barra prodigy Tammy Greigo, spent 7 minutes on top in very deep half guard. She worked harder to get a sweep the whole time but couldn't get me off balance. I was patient, got an advantage for a near pass/near back take and finished the match in the top of her half guard again.
As for my judo, it's getting a lot better in class. I feel comfortable during randori (sp?) but I still haven't figured out how to do judo against someone who's not trying to attack judo back. Jen and I trained at the same gym (never together) the week before the tournament, and we both knew the other wanted to pull guard...so it made it awkward standup.
Was that triangle not tight enough or she was breathing with her eyes? Tough chick though. She pretty much gave you points on mount escapes. Either way, great job!
people with small shoulders and necks are harder to triangle
i triangle this one purple belt at my academy all the time.. i cant finish that crap cus hes built like a twig
I'm a twig but I get triangled all the time. It's cause I just suck, and asian
if you want to do better against people who dont want to use judo against you, you need to work ouchi komi to build your explosiveness. Just go up against a random wall and practice the throws foot work over and over again. With people that keep their hips really far away you kind of have to dive in for the throw or work your grips HARD.