Toyota resale value FTW

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
After buying my 4runner new, and driving it for 3 ish years and 42k miles. A local dealer contacted me and bought it for $800 less then what I originally paid for it.

:o
Idk how they turn profit on it. Who is going to pay a few hundred less than new for a 3 year 4runner

Reactions: Bloke

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
Idk how they turn profit on it. Who is going to pay a few hundred less than new for a 3 year 4runner
Toyota dealers aren’t getting many if any new 4Runners right now. I remember taking in a 3 year old Land Cruiser for about $1k less than MSRP. The city hadn’t seen a new LC for about a year or more. The dealer accepted bids for a week and ended up selling for almost $5k more than they paid. Toyota buyers are nuts when it comes to certain vehicles. Corolla, Tacoma, 4Runner and LC

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
My mom has a lease turn in on a 4Runner next month. She got t-boned and they replaced the frame. I’m guessing that destroyed the secondary market value. But maybe not.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

ITR06

Dec 2, 2004
vancouver bc
I’ve had about 25 corollas I lease them for 5 years they start at 19k. I lend them out to customers that insurance companies pay for and then I resell them after people shit kick them for around 12k. My buyout on the leases are 3k. I made the fucking mistake of getting 3 Santa Fe’s. One is at the dealer for 4 weeks for an engine the other 2 I’m told to keep driving until the engine blows up and then they will replace it. I’m currently looking at trading them all I for rav4 hybrids

Reactions: Gixxer

nindia

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
earth
Taco's and 4runners especially full load ones hold their value really well and sell for pretty much above retail asking price at auction every time I see one.

nindia

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
earth
Also because of covid supply restraints values for used cars is inflated right now so you basically bought and sold at the best timing possible.

Don't expect it to happen again in 3 years :o

Reactions: Gixxer

jelloslug

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Greenville, SC
It will be the standard used car bullshit. They will jack up the interest rate and screw the next guy on their trade. They won't make money on the vehicle but they will on the back end.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448