CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Any tacoma (or other) owners have any experience with the Sprint Booster? One of the things I don't like about my tacoma is the sluggish acceleration, which this thing appears to completely fix. Seems to be a dirt simple installation and pretty simple to use as well. :dunno:

some links/videos:

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Hmm so it's like a pedal commander
Yep. The guy in the video has another one where he briefly mentions that the only reason he went with Sprint Booster vs Peddle Commander was that there were reports of Peddle Commander causing engine warning lights. I don't know any of the details other than that.

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
Yeah taking of the front plate mount and seeing those I was not happy. Gonna have to source a replacement but for that.

homedepot/lowes/amazon has some plastic plugs that will make it look better for $0.99

Or just floor it into some water and watch your entire valance get ripped off

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.06.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.06.41 PM.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.06.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.06.36 PM.png
    21 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Section8

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Any tacoma (or other) owners have any experience with the Sprint Booster? One of the things I don't like about my tacoma is the sluggish acceleration, which this thing appears to completely fix. Seems to be a dirt simple installation and pretty simple to use as well. :dunno:

some links/videos:

I think the OV tune is the highest recommended option. If I still had my '16 limited when it came out I would have tried it.

Reactions: Ranger-AO

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Yep. The guy in the video has another one where he briefly mentions that the only reason he went with Sprint Booster vs Peddle Commander was that there were reports of Peddle Commander causing engine warning lights. I don't know any of the details other than that.
I remember that being and issue when I was on the forums.

Reactions: Ranger-AO

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
does that tune invalidate the warranty?
It's my understanding that the tune is undetectable. How that's possible, I dunno but I've seen first hand some pretty amazing things via tunes so I can see it being possible. You on Tacomaworld? If so read the thread about it. You should be able to fine it via Google search pretty easily.

Reactions: Section8
May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
It's my understanding that the tune is undetectable. How that's possible, I dunno but I've seen first hand some pretty amazing things via tunes so I can see it being possible. You on Tacomaworld? If so read the thread about it. You should be able to fine it via Google search pretty easily.

nah i need to get on there, i'm only on ih8mud. we've only put 100 miles on the truck, but yeah the throttle delay is pretty bad so i want to so something soon.

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I just ordered the Sprint Booster. I'll post my impressions when I install it. I'm not a gearhead, but the install on this thing is literally plug and play.

I had completely forgotten the disappointment I had early in my tacoma ownership when I needed to cross traffic quickly from a stop, and felt like a geriatric trying to get out of an easy chair. Just spent a year away from home, and getting reacquainted with the taco it hit home again that this shit sucks. Stumbled on the Sprint Booster video, and it looks like an elegant solution to a poorly designed (or intentionally retarded) system. Fingers crossed :x:

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I just ordered the Sprint Booster. I'll post my impressions when I install it. I'm not a gearhead, but the install on this thing is literally plug and play.

I had completely forgotten the disappointment I had early in my tacoma ownership when I needed to cross traffic quickly from a stop, and felt like a geriatric trying to get out of an easy chair. Just spent a year away from home, and getting reacquainted with the taco it hit home again that this shit sucks. Stumbled on the Sprint Booster video, and it looks like an elegant solution to a poorly designed (or intentionally retarded) system. Fingers crossed :x:
Keep the group posted. I'd be interested in knowing the outcome.

As for the bolded, yeah, that's just Toyota being Toyota and tuning the car to make them look good (mpg) and not caring about customer satisfaction.

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
My old 4th gen 4Runner is overdue for low/high beam replacements, what's the hotness bulb replacement? Mine has reflectors not projectors.

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
Probably something from the retrofit source
Thanks - looking around it seems like anything non-yellow isn't street legal for me :hmm: I was hoping to keep it under 5000k but most everything is 5500k+ and the site is telling me for vehicles w/ plates it's not street legal

I don't want to be obnoxiously bright, but I want white/cooler lights vs oem yellow.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Thanks - looking around it seems like anything non-yellow isn't street legal for me :hmm: I was hoping to keep it under 5000k but most everything is 5500k+ and the site is telling me for vehicles w/ plates it's not street legal

I don't want to be obnoxiously bright, but I want white/cooler lights vs oem yellow.
Uhh cops probably don't give a shit unless Washington is really gay.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
I'd say I don't really care what the cop has to say, I care more about being an asshole and blinding other drivers. I don't want to cause any accidents :hmm: Would 5500k do that? I just don't know
Color temp isn't going to blind people. As long as they're designed right and aimed properly it should not be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor