CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Put new tires on recently.

maK3ZhPl.jpg

Ended up deciding on Yokohama MTs. Kinda overkill I know. Price-wise they were pretty reasonable and there is a 30 day trial period so I figured I'd try them out. If I ended up hating them I'd opt for Toyo ATs which were a bit more expensive.

Went from 275/70R17s to 285/70R17s and it looks like I will need to do the cab mount chop. They rub in reverse.

Noise isn't terrible, not a whole lot louder than the KO2s were after they got a few miles on them. They also ride pretty smooth. Ride isn't any worse than the KO2s and I noticed they needed a lot less weight to balance.

So far it seems like the mileage has dropped, although its hard to tell in just a few tanks of gas. I also felt like the mileage dropped after I put the KO2s on and after I went back and looked at my mileage spreadsheet and long term it was almost exactly the same.

Platinum_Thunder

Reliability for life and liberty
Jun 28, 2001
Tundra is kinda ugly on outside but,

3.5L turbo/3.5 turbo hybrid
10 speed tranny
locking diff
crawl control
panoramic view monitor
aluminum reinforced composite bed

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad

10 speed tranny
locking diff
crawl control
panoramic view monitor
Yup

Pretty solid buy for anyone in the market for a full size truck. I think they studied all the current trucks well before putting together this version

Plus buy one in 2022 and it'll look current until 2032

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003

10 speed tranny
locking diff
crawl control
panoramic view monitor
New drive train looks promising, but why are they using nickel metal hydride instead of Li-ion?

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Put new tires on recently.

maK3ZhPl.jpg

Ended up deciding on Yokohama MTs. Kinda overkill I know. Price-wise they were pretty reasonable and there is a 30 day trial period so I figured I'd try them out. If I ended up hating them I'd opt for Toyo ATs which were a bit more expensive.

Went from 275/70R17s to 285/70R17s and it looks like I will need to do the cab mount chop. They rub in reverse.

Noise isn't terrible, not a whole lot louder than the KO2s were after they got a few miles on them. They also ride pretty smooth. Ride isn't any worse than the KO2s and I noticed they needed a lot less weight to balance.

So far it seems like the mileage has dropped, although its hard to tell in just a few tanks of gas. I also felt like the mileage dropped after I put the KO2s on and after I went back and looked at my mileage spreadsheet and long term it was almost exactly the same.

Wait, you keep a mileage spreadsheet? On a V8 4R? What's even the point? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74