CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Platinum_Thunder

Reliability for life and liberty
Jun 28, 2001
Looking for a tonneau cover, whats the word on decent ones that don't leak too much? On a 2018 OR short bed.
What type?

I have a poverty Tyger soft one that rolls up. Obviously does not offer much in the way of security, but does keep everything dry. The only time I have had water get in is at the carwash from direct spray. Heavy rain, snow, etc has not been a leak issue for me.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Looking for a tonneau cover, whats the word on decent ones that don't leak too much? On a 2018 OR short bed.
imo Retrax is the closest to waterproof you get on tonneau covers that can fold/retract away, but they're expensive as fuck

bak-flip mx4 is what I usually get, it lets in some water but its not a terrible amount and its easy to install and use and holds up to a lot of torture, as long as you're not Baja running. Take it off if you are

• Support
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

aznboi320

OT Supporter
Aug 3, 2002
On a kayak
imo Retrax is the closest to waterproof you get on tonneau covers that can fold/retract away, but they're expensive as fuck

bak-flip mx4 is what I usually get, it lets in some water but its not a terrible amount and its easy to install and use and holds up to a lot of torture, as long as you're not Baja running. Take it off if you are
I has a retrax xr. Worth it's money because you can put a Yakima roof rack on it.

Reactions: Das-Helmut

RyaN95i4

We are the boys from old Florida
May 30, 2000
Florida
m7jfbH4l.jpg
s7KPKmDl.jpg

Ordered milk delivery, this showed up last week instead.

Thanks to @NiggaPHX420 for helping with delivery.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw

Do you know who makes the "OEM" soft ones? I added it to mine because it made the monthly payments cheaper. No clue if it's gonna be decent or not.

Das-Helmut

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I was looking at the Bakflip MX4 but the quality seems hit or miss. Leaning Extang Trifecta 2.0, lets me keep the bed rails and bed side tops.

Last edited:

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
Also, the Tacoma Build Your Own configurator doesn't have a manual transmission option for the TRD Pro. Had to configure it with the TRD Off Road. :hmm:

May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
I think I do as well. Really depends on the color - the body colored front grill makes a big difference vs the silver one on the red paint where the silver looks like a mustache.

No:

Yes:
Yeah that silver outlined grill is horrible. The body color is waaaaaaay better

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74