CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

beachbum

Feb 5, 2005
I just ordered the Sprint Booster. I'll post my impressions when I install it. I'm not a gearhead, but the install on this thing is literally plug and play.

I had completely forgotten the disappointment I had early in my tacoma ownership when I needed to cross traffic quickly from a stop, and felt like a geriatric trying to get out of an easy chair. Just spent a year away from home, and getting reacquainted with the taco it hit home again that this shit sucks. Stumbled on the Sprint Booster video, and it looks like an elegant solution to a poorly designed (or intentionally retarded) system. Fingers crossed :x:
any updates? did you install yet? if so, thoughts?

Rownan

SHIFT
Mar 16, 2000
Highland, MI
I'm extremely interested in moving up from my 2017 Tacoma TRD OR to the new Tundra, even though I said I'd never want a full size truck. The specs, style, and comforts they built into the new Tundra are really pulling me in. However, I don't think I'd be happy with anything less than a TRD Pro and people are talking as though it will be a 60k truck. Might be out of my price range right now..

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
I'm extremely interested in moving up from my 2017 Tacoma TRD OR to the new Tundra, even though I said I'd never want a full size truck. The specs, style, and comforts they built into the new Tundra are really pulling me in. However, I don't think I'd be happy with anything less than a TRD Pro and people are talking as though it will be a 60k truck. Might be out of my price range right now..
I can't imagine it'll be any cheaper than current TRD Pro pricing

• Support
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Which is around 50k and I'd be okay with that. I think 55k might be the very top end I'd consider. The redline reviews guy seems to think the top trim levels are going to push 70k on this thing.
Yeah, it might move quite a bit over $50k because Toyota knows they'll sell all of these easily for the next few years and you'll be fighting dealers for a while to get one at MSRP but we'll have to wait and see

Iirc the global price of the LC300 went up 10% compared to the same trims on the LC200, but that's a vehicle that just sells itself. While the new Tundra is cool, I think Toyota wants to carve out more of the full size market for itself and there's a good chance they'll keep pricing as low as they can to keep it competitive even after the initial hype dies down. I think it's telling they moved all Tacoma production out of the Texas factory to focus on these that they want to be a bigger player in that space

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
New wheels/lift on the old beater

image0.jpg

eric5678

striving for mediocrity
OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
H-TOWN burbs
Giving 4r to the daughter, looking to buy wife 18-19 gx. Looking to buy @ 20-30k miles and keep for ~10yrs.

They all look optioned pretty similar, anything specifically to avoid?

Reactions: STUCKHEAD

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
need to throw some amber/yellow pod lights on my warn bumper now that I'm living around way more trees and wildlife on the road.

what's the best out there?

can't seem to find the company I recently followed on insta that looked good.

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
damn that's awesome. good score man.
You'll be able to get Method's for ~$215/rim if you wait for their November sale. It's always 25-30% off. Having had both FJ TRD rims and Method MR704s, the Method's are clearly the better construction rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anthony 74