CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
17 no running yet, don’t plan to trim any body for a couple years - seeing if I actually off road enough to justify a bumper and winch setup
I put Fox 2.5s on mine. The stock wheels have too much backspacing so the tire would hit the reservoir. I looked and the TRD pro wheels have a lot less backspacing than the stock 4th gen sport wheels do. They would have worked too, but I always assumed they were super expensive like most OEM parts.

I bought a winch because I do a fair number of solo trips. Never expect to actually use it beyond moving a tree, but figured it was good insurance. I got a hidden mount from BudBuilt.

Reactions: STUCKHEAD

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
I put Fox 2.5s on mine. The stock wheels have too much backspacing so the tire would hit the reservoir. I looked and the TRD pro wheels have a lot less backspacing than the stock 4th gen sport wheels do. They would have worked too, but I always assumed they were super expensive like most OEM parts.

I bought a winch because I do a fair number of solo trips. Never expect to actually use it beyond moving a tree, but figured it was good insurance. I got a hidden mount from BudBuilt.
I like your Methods.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I like your Methods.
I do too.

Finally got the spare sorted out. Tried it fit it in the stock location yesterday. Even with the hitch removed and the tire flat it hit both the frame and the panhard bar. :( Time for a tire carrier I guess.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Rear-Render-Reflection-135-Degree-Final-Take.8.jpg

$177k

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
Rear-Render-Reflection-135-Degree-Final-Take.8.jpg

$177k
Dang trailers with travel :coold:

Reactions: XR250rdr

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
any updates? did you install yet? if so, thoughts?

Keep the group posted. I'd be interested in knowing the outcome.

As for the bolded, yeah, that's just Toyota being Toyota and tuning the car to make them look good (mpg) and not caring about customer satisfaction.

So I've been driving with the Sprint Booster installed for about a week now.

Installation was very easy - the hardest part was contorting myself under the steering wheel to get to the top of the accelerator pedal where the snap-in electrical adapters go. Took about 25 minutes from start to finish, which included ~15 minutes or so of waiting for the Toyota logic systems to time out.

Use is dirt simple. Select Race or Sport, give it a sensitivity setting from 1-9, and start driving. I've had mine set to Sport-5 for most of the week, but I'll probably end up with it at Sport-8 or so. My gas mileage hasn't changed noticeably - I'm still averaging right around 18+ (mostly rural driving).

Is it worth it? Probably not. I'm not going to send it back, but my advice is to think twice before buying it. To be honest, the stock ECT-PWR button in my Tacoma does what I want, with the only exception being that I have to press it every time I start driving. With the Sprint Booster, I set it once and it'll work that way forever (unless I change it).

tl/dr: works as advertised, probably not worth the cost if your Tacoma came with the Electronically Controlled Transmission Power (ECT-PWR) button.

beachbum

Feb 5, 2005

Installation was very easy - the hardest part was contorting myself under the steering wheel to get to the top of the accelerator pedal where the snap-in electrical adapters go. Took about 25 minutes from start to finish, which included ~15 minutes or so of waiting for the Toyota logic systems to time out.

Use is dirt simple. Select Race or Sport, give it a sensitivity setting from 1-9, and start driving. I've had mine set to Sport-5 for most of the week, but I'll probably end up with it at Sport-8 or so. My gas mileage hasn't changed noticeably - I'm still averaging right around 18+ (mostly rural driving).

Is it worth it? Probably not. I'm not going to send it back, but my advice is to think twice before buying it. To be honest, the stock ECT-PWR button in my Tacoma does what I want, with the only exception being that I have to press it every time I start driving. With the Sprint Booster, I set it once and it'll work that way forever (unless I change it).

tl/dr: works as advertised, probably not worth the cost if your Tacoma came with the Electronically Controlled Transmission Power (ECT-PWR) button.
thanks for the update. i've been wondering if it is the same as the ECT button. had high hopes for it but looks like i will pass.

Reactions: Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
thanks for the update. i've been wondering if it is the same as the ECT button. had high hopes for it but looks like i will pass.
It definitely can make your accelerator MUCH more responsive than the ECT, if you venture up into the race settings. But the ECT will give all the boost that most people are looking for. If only it could be set to be on by default. :hs:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

Totally fair. Yeah for the price it makes sense to press a button. I never understood that argument that a lot of people make. I have to turn the car on and set the temp anyway. What's one little button.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Oh my
yzqsvwhmoh05rlstz01xekai2swufk.jpg

p4hnap6v4bwrmawu9mnk7ccpunkioz.jpg

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw

One thing I like about the tazer on the Jeep is that it remembers button states. So if you turn off auto stop start or traction control it doesn't reset every time you turn the car off.

Definitely not worth the price just for that feature though.

lxadv

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
I like it. Cutting out the crossmember isn't a big deal. I cut mine for my rear bumper.

The 4runner desperately needs more clearance anyhow.

Same trails that a stock 100 finished without a scratched caused this on a 5th.

N6bcKXDZWzYp1iRqY-uLrOeSeyhhNo8ZTzTW4zMIdPbCKZfnw3SFi_JmQhqrYvIyOaH_QXIv_13pbZIhu9HkJGJzG6KuJuYQxYtkgChRoPYOBQRCr23a0CDDpMd3rZfk33KjZsK57YQ=s0

Just checking in on those mudflaps im still super excited about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74