CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Are you doing a full drain? It's a pain on the 100. You at least have a dipstick which makes refilling way easier though.
Nah just the 4 quart drain and fill.

I should say too the 5 speed needs WS fluid and only use the cheap stuff for the 4 speeds.

americanwit

OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Houston, TX
Are you putting in aftermarket CVs? If so, don't. Factory CVs are best on the 100 and unless they're popping, don't replace them. Just do a reboot if they're leaking. They're good for many many more than 250 if they stay greased.

Yes indeed going with the cardone units that some Toyo dealer use - see how it goes. I can understand a poorly done reman but I haven't had extensive issues with aftermarket CVs in the past. Let you know if I do this time intend to keep the OEM to reboot if there are problems.

Also going aftermarket LCA contrary to what I see on the forums, although I would add until a few years ago the forum would have told me to toss the AHC it appears.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Yes indeed going with the cardone units that some Toyo dealer use - see how it goes. I can understand a poorly done reman but I haven't had extensive issues with aftermarket CVs in the past. Let you know if I do this time intend to keep the OEM to reboot if there are problems.

Also going aftermarket LCA contrary to what I see on the forums, although I would add until a few years ago the forum would have told me to toss the AHC it appears.
Also check out https://www.cvjreman.com/

They rebuild OE axles/steering racks, highly recommend, although to get your core charges back you need to send them OE axles.

Francis96se

poopie
Oct 24, 2001
PNW
Any tacoma (or other) owners have any experience with the Sprint Booster? One of the things I don't like about my tacoma is the sluggish acceleration, which this thing appears to completely fix. Seems to be a dirt simple installation and pretty simple to use as well. :dunno:

some links/videos:

Just got the KDMax tune on my 21 OR. Three different pedal tip-in tunes from super aggressive to super light. I have the super light and it's way more responsive. Went with KDMax based on all the good reviews on TW. Cost 350. I think it's worth it. ECU is still learning but the throttle response and holding gears in elevation changes in the Seattle area is already improved.

Reactions: Ranger-AO

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Hilarious that 2-3 years ago nobody gave a shit

I never understood why either, who wouldn't want a better 4Runner?

I really think people just didn't know. Even with the LC/LX. They didn't get really popular until around the time of the discontinuation rumours. Now everyone wants a 100 or a GX.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
holy shit. :eek3:

Screenshot 2021-10-07 135201.png

Reaaaallllyyy considering trading it in now instead of waiting till next spring. :noes:

MSRP incl delivery was $37,600

Offer amount
$38,178
Loan balance
- $18,516

Payment to you
$19,662

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Isn't that more than you paid for it lol
I mean, after taxes/license/etc, it was ~$41k out the door. But yeah, the offer is higher than the sticker price I paid back in February.

Kinda scares me to think how much Carvana is going to resell it for if they're buying it for that much. :yikes:

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
goddamnit.
All the Mazda dealers are tacking on "market adjustments" on their CX-30s.
$2k around SJ... checking further out, Dublin Mazda is adding on $4k. :yikes:

$35k for a Mazda. :sad2:

edit: but I can go down to San Bernadino and not have the markup. :hmm:

Last edited:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
goddamnit.
All the Mazda dealers are tacking on "market adjustments" on their CX-30s.
$2k around SJ... checking further out, Dublin Mazda is adding on $4k. :yikes:

$35k for a Mazda. :sad2:

edit: but I can go down to San Bernadino and not have the markup. :hmm:
Give it a bit. Mazda is going to be doing some neat things here soon with hybrids and their new line of inline6s. No need to buy a car right now. You're also in a good spot as even once this used car market catches up with itself, your Tacoma will still be worth a fuck ton. (Probably within hundreds of what it is now)

Reactions: Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74