CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I think I'm going to buy the Exped MEGAMAT DUO 10 LW+. The dimensions fit in the rear of my 4runner on a platform and also my huge 6' tall 6 person tent (big agnes bighouse 6)

Is there anything else I should check out first? I should have roughly 54" W by 78+" L

I have the tent but am also wanting to sleep inside as needed using a cheap platform similar to this. It fits above the wheel wells and the seats are not removed.

There is a removable access panel for one of the doors where I can fit in a 45qt cooler. Any type of double mattress will cover this spot though which might make it a little difficult to get up inside.

My dog is 60lbs and my garage is too low which makes adding on a roof top tent not very realistic for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.17.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.17.15 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: anomaly

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
I think I'm going to buy the Exped MEGAMAT DUO 10 LW+. The dimensions fit in the rear of my 4runner on a platform and also my huge 6' tall 6 person tent (big agnes bighouse 6)

Is there anything else I should check out first? I should have roughly 54" W by 78+" L

I have the tent but am also wanting to sleep inside as needed using a cheap platform similar to this. It fits above the wheel wells and the seats are not removed.

There is a removable access panel for one of the doors where I can fit in a 45qt cooler. Any type of double mattress will cover this spot though which might make it a little difficult to get up inside.

My dog is 60lbs and my garage is too low which makes adding on a roof top tent not very realistic for me.
Only feedback is you won't be unhappy with the Exped. It is rad.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Give it a bit. Mazda is going to be doing some neat things here soon with hybrids and their new line of inline6s. No need to buy a car right now. You're also in a good spot as even once this used car market catches up with itself, your Tacoma will still be worth a fuck ton. (Probably within hundreds of what it is now)

:embd:

hardcore_wheeling.jpg

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I saw the other thread. :o

I honestly cannot say I would have done the same based off resale alone but there's something about being happy that you just can't out a price tag on.

How does it drive?
I like it. Took it up into the twisties on Sunday and it handled well. Didn't push too hard because I don't know the tires, but it pulls well and is fun to drive.
It basically feels like a little Golf or Honda hatchback, but with torque. :naughty:

I was kinda looking for something like a Crosstrek, but with power. And it seems to fulfill that role.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
yeah I inspected them closely and have a set on hand I think they may have been done when the radiator was replaced by previous owner. On the items to tackle shortly when the weather cools off a little more.

If you aren't certain, I'd do them asap. They can look fine visually, but be brittle as fuck. Mine crumbled at 118k miles when I attempted to remove them.

Also, having spares on hand doesn't help much. If they go, you're 90% fucked.

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
Boysssss

The 2022 Tundra review moratorium has been lifted. Shit ton of reviews on the YouTubes

I really like it now, wtf. I don’t feel like a truck is something I need, 4Runner is probably the most perfect vehicle for my lifestyle.

For me I’m looking at this and trying to see what they will do with the next gen 4Runner.

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Damn. Dealer didn't waste any time listing my truck.

$49k :rofl: / :wtc:
They paid $38.5k

Screenshot 2021-10-15 211735.png

edit: of course whoever wrote the posting doesn't know shit about the car. Listing "navigation", "heated seats", "keyless start", and "sunroof" as features.
I think they took the Limited trim options and copy pasted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor