CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Fucking prices of the new tundra lol. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38158803/2022-toyota-tundra-price-announced/

A 1794 edition with the off-road package is going to be over $60k. And that doesn't even have the hybrid engine.. TRD Pro will easily top $70k. I guess I'm out. Going to run two child seats in the back of my Tacoma for a while. Steering wheel firmly planted in my sternum. Wheeee
Current model SR starts at well above the others as well. It will be interesting to see where they price stuff fully loaded.

Toyota only has one engine which is right in line with Ford's V8.

If you build an XL F150 with the 5.0 on the super cab Ford is a actually 3k more expensive.

I'll wait till I can start building one on their site.

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Hello friends anyone have a line on aftermarket tranny gears? My Tacoma has been in the shop for 3 weeks and just found out 2nd gear is delayed until atleast first week of December. Everything on eBay (Toyota p/n) is mid December delivery too 🙁

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Hello friends anyone have a line on aftermarket tranny gears? My Tacoma has been in the shop for 3 weeks and just found out 2nd gear is delayed until atleast first week of December. Everything on eBay (Toyota p/n) is mid December delivery too 🙁
Quickest path is going to be a full reman trans then use yours as a core/resell once fixed. TacomaWorld will be your best bet for advice on a shop that might have it in stock.

Reactions: kwhitelaw

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Fucking prices of the new tundra lol. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38158803/2022-toyota-tundra-price-announced/

A 1794 edition with the off-road package is going to be over $60k. And that doesn't even have the hybrid engine.. TRD Pro will easily top $70k. I guess I'm out. Going to run two child seats in the back of my Tacoma for a while. Steering wheel firmly planted in my sternum. Wheeee
... those are Toyotas top trim levels so why are you surprised? Grab an SR5 and add your options then call it a day. Or buy a Sienna :rofl:

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw

a fully loaded tacoma trd pro is nearly $50k why would you be surprised a tundra is more? lulz.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Desert trip last weekend. New tires worked well. Need to take off the rear mud flaps though.

llRK7RBh.jpg

DRdnIrLh.jpg

Kz8IjKSh.jpg

eHSd4tEh.jpg

9fTfbNbh.jpg

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Desert trip last weekend. New tires worked well. Need to take off the rear mud flaps though.

llRK7RBh.jpg

DRdnIrLh.jpg

Kz8IjKSh.jpg

eHSd4tEh.jpg

9fTfbNbh.jpg

My dad and I used to camp all over Anza Borego in the early 90s. We would also go down to Jacumba and walk across into Mexico as there was no physical fence or anything there at the time.

Reactions: XR250rdr

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
My dad and I used to camp all over Anza Borego in the early 90s. We would also go down to Jacumba and walk across into Mexico as there was no physical fence or anything there at the time.
It was nice to get out there again. I used to go out there with my grandparents. Last time I was there was probably 1998. My grandfather had me driving his Baja bug all over the park before my parents let me my permit.

Reactions: anomaly

lxadv

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
It was nice to get out there again. I used to go out there with my grandparents. Last time I was there was probably 1998. My grandfather had me driving his Baja bug all over the park before my parents let me my permit.

Whats a cool moderate trail for my 05 landcruiser in Anza Borego im thinking about going out there this weekend not sure where to go.

Reactions: XR250rdr

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
Whats a cool moderate trail for my 05 landcruiser in Anza Borego im thinking about going out there this weekend not sure where to go.
Most of the trails in the Borrego Badlands area aren't too bad. A lot of sand washes. Fonts Point and 17 Palms are a couple things to see in that area.

Fish Creek is cool. There are some neat wind caves a short hike off the trail. Sandstone canyon used to have a bunch of good obstacles, but the state closed most of it. Its still cool to drive up the slot canyon, but it will probably be busy over the weekend.

Blair Valley has some short side hikes to a few cultural sites if you're into that kind of stuff.

We did Grapevine Canyon --> Jasper Trail -->Old Culp Valley Road after lunch on Saturday and it was all pretty mellow.

I'd stay away from the drop offs and the slot if you're going solo.

Reactions: lxadv

lxadv

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
Most of the trails in the Borrego Badlands area aren't too bad. A lot of sand washes. Fonts Point and 17 Palms are a couple things to see in that area.

Fish Creek is cool. There are some neat wind caves a short hike off the trail. Sandstone canyon used to have a bunch of good obstacles, but the state closed most of it. Its still cool to drive up the slot canyon, but it will probably be busy over the weekend.

Blair Valley has some short side hikes to a few cultural sites if you're into that kind of stuff.

We did Grapevine Canyon --> Jasper Trail -->Old Culp Valley Road after lunch on Saturday and it was all pretty mellow.

I'd stay away from the drop offs and the slot if you're going solo.

Thank you

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Did someone here have a connection to Dissent? I want to order their new Super Duty bumper.

That's me. Ben and I both do the hundred in the hills event and started around the same time doing 100 series parts.

Probably can't help with price or anything like that. He's so backed up with orders and with metal being so expensive now.

lxadv

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2015

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74