CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Took an off-roading recovery class and got to utilize the dirt fish off-road course. Was super fun and well worth the $60 for food, photos and hanging with a lot of cool rigs. I'll never get all the mud out, kind of just gave up.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Drone.jpg

Are you a member of Avants?

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
This was my first event with them since I’m new to the area. Plan on joining for the snow runs and private tours and stuff. Cool group.

Welcome to the area and to the group! I'm doing the private tour in Seattle next week... If you get a chance to do the Brothers Collection in Salem, do it. It's probably the greatest car collection I've ever seen.

As for getting the mud out from under your truck, an underbody sprayer attachment for a pressure washer works wonders. I have one and would be happy to let you either borrow it or we can try cleaning it at my house...

Reactions: Francis96se

Francis96se

poopie
Oct 24, 2001
PNW
Welcome to the area and to the group! I'm doing the private tour in Seattle next week... If you get a chance to do the Brothers Collection in Salem, do it. It's probably the greatest car collection I've ever seen.

As for getting the mud out from under your truck, an underbody sprayer attachment for a pressure washer works wonders. I have one and would be happy to let you either borrow it or we can try cleaning it at my house...
Just joined! Were you at the last event? Ill have to source the under carriage sprayer.

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
I hate to change the direction of the thread, but I need advice....

If you had 20k-22k to spend...and it was the only vehicle you had (and you work from home so figure 8-10k mi per year)

What would you get? Friend is looking to unload her Xterra Pro-4x and get back into a Toyota.

4x4 is a must... I showed her a Subaru Outback and called it a "mom-mobile" :hs:
Needs to be large enough to fit a full drum kit.
Needs a bench in the 2nd-row for the (small) dogs..no captain's chairs.
She does plan on doing some minor off-roading in the future. so TRD pro isn't a necessity, but it needs the capability.
Fuel Economy is not a major factor
And as always, mileage is king, but I already warned her anything not named 4-runner will most likely have over 100k on the odo
Easy to maintain

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw

If you had 20k-22k to spend...and it was the only vehicle you had (and you work from home so figure 8-10k mi per year)

What would you get? Friend is looking to unload her Xterra Pro-4x and get back into a Toyota.

4x4 is a must... I showed her a Subaru Outback and called it a "mom-mobile" :hs:
She does plan on doing some minor off-roading in the future. so TRD pro isn't a necessity, but it needs the capability.
And as always, mileage is king, but I already warned her anything not named 4-runner will most likely have over 100k on the odo
Easy to maintain
Tell her not to sell her car you fuckin retard

Reactions: AndyP

eric5678

striving for mediocrity
OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
H-TOWN burbs
Bought a 19 GX luxury for the wife.

What now? I assume the auto-height system eliminates any real suspension work till well after 100k, anything worth doing?

Anybody have experience installing adaptive cruise?

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
OEM is so cheap and the ride is like a cloud.

Honestly, I was looking at way more expensive options and George from Cruisers Direct piped in on several threads talking about how good the OEM Tokicos are… which doesn’t make him much (if any) money to resell… and I thought “if he says ‘just go with OEM’” that’s what I will do. Couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jaunt and Finest

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin

Easy to maintain

4runner or GX are the only acceptable options. Up the budget as needed.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ

Easy to maintain

Keep the Xterra or go GX. 100k miles is literally nothing. I only start to think about mileage when we get closer to the 300 mark.

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
100k miles is broken in, the V6 in 5th gen 4runner or V8 in GX have timing chains so there's no need for timing belt service every 100k miles. It's about as low maintenance as you can get.

Reactions: hondaluva

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
250k on an 05 4runner too high? it's nearly half the price of an identical 06 with 150k.

Same condition? V8 or V6? Lack of rust the same? Maintenance records on both? Mileage is one of the last things I weigh when looking at these things. I've seen 100k mile trucks I wouldn't touch and 300k mile trucks that I'd get in a bidding war over.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor