CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
$7500 vs $13,000

There are well maintained and even built 4runners for sale here in az for around that. Look for some az facebook groups. Gx if you can though. Someone had a v8 runner for around 13k the other day

wizurd

Engorged Member
OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
There are well maintained and even built 4runners for sale here in az for around that. Look for some az facebook groups. Gx if you can though

Don't want leather, hate the NAV/control system and the swinging rear hatch.

Love the styling and drivetrain of the GX though. :o

Last edited:
Reactions: intro_vert13

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Yup. We would run fine at home but could never get a full night without it shitting the bed in the middle of the night. I was about to give up then found the tuning stuff on the FB page. Once I did that, it's been flawless. I've even had to strip down because I was sweating when it was 20° outside lol.
The Vagabond thread on TacomaWorld has a ton of info on the 2k diesel heaters.

lxadv

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
I'm working on my friends 99 LC with 289k we are getting misfire on cylinder 2. I swapped plugs and coils the code didn't move. The intake tube wasn't sealing on the throttle body and I fixed that. On load there is no misfires only when idling now. Also we don't feel any misfire I'm watching the live data stream from techstream.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA

20211214_BEV_42.jpg

Reactions: I<3URANUS

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
I'm working on my friends 99 LC with 289k we are getting misfire on cylinder 2. I swapped plugs and coils the code didn't move. The intake tube wasn't sealing on the throttle body and I fixed that. On load there is no misfires only when idling now. Also we don't feel any misfire I'm watching the live data stream from techstream.
Injectors or wiring, likely injector with that amount of mileage

Im taking my 3.4 apart right now to fix the same thing, random misfire on cyl 4, new cable, plug snd swapping coil pack around didn’t fix it so off comes the intake plenum

• Wow
Reactions: jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
compression test to rule out a mechanical issue, then take it from there.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Bout 3 junkyard injectors from a 4runner for $30, ohm’d out ok, will take them to get cleaned here in town and pick the ones with that GOOD SPrAY to put back in

Fingers crossed for no leaks after reassembly :x:

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ

Could be a number of things, but don't rule out the coilpack so quickly. It can take 50+ miles of driving for the computer to recognize the change and change the CEL code.

Rownan

SHIFT
Mar 16, 2000
Highland, MI

The local dealership has one out front I looked at the other day. An SR5 crewmax with barely any other options besides TRD wheels and steps. 57k.. lol. Seems pricy to me. I do like the look though. The problem is I would at least want the TRD OR package with a few other options which would put this well into the 60k range. They priced this a little high for me. I realize full size trucks are expensive but I was hoping for something more competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74