CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Sirius

Jul 11, 2007
Chicago
Picked up a 2010 with 124k on it few weeks ago, 16k. Very clean minus the clear coat on the roof is gone. Changed out those mud tires for more of a regular off road tire. Has OME lift on it but the rear leafs are shifting too much so I'll have to change them out one day soon.
200c963af3afd17eb70f81a88c0cf09c.jpg
07e44955f3c0f7a17d580684836f77c2.jpg
69ec16a6f3063ea3c21d3b2255935067.jpg
Enjoy bro

eric5678

striving for mediocrity
OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
H-TOWN burbs
Thinking I’m going to get the falkens instead of the defenders fuck it yolo :oopsie:

If you haven't already, look at the toyo open country at3

I've run several sets of MT and RT on 3/4 ton trucks and bought a set for my tahoe last year. Drive 500mi/week and they've treated me well. They've stayed quiet and still handle rain well with a pile of miles on them. I'll likely be putting them on 4runner as well when I install the dobinson's.

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
damn this weekend was a doozy. drove the 4runner in snowmagedan and it performed amazingly, cleared a 1.5ft like nothing.

However, i guess i over pushed it. This morning when i started her up and put her in reverse she clunked and thumped. I guess those initial movements may have been ice within the brake system.

But now if i have to Hard brake / emergency brake it thunks. I don't hear it during casual driving or braking....

Anyone have an idea as to what that may be or experienced the same situation?

stosstruppe

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2007
Sunnyvale, CA
Bros. I almost purchased a 2001 LX470 with 250k miles for $8,800 but the seller scheduled someone to see the car before me even though I was first to respond to his ad.
I coulda been in you :(.

It was a steal. super clean and dealer maintained.

Been looking for a decently priced one for a while and have had 0 luck.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
damn this weekend was a doozy. drove the 4runner in snowmagedan and it performed amazingly, cleared a 1.5ft like nothing.

However, i guess i over pushed it. This morning when i started her up and put her in reverse she clunked and thumped. I guess those initial movements may have been ice within the brake system.

But now if i have to Hard brake / emergency brake it thunks. I don't hear it during casual driving or braking....

Anyone have an idea as to what that may be or experienced the same situation?

Could be a lot of things. Is it coming from the front? If so, might be loose or worn out control arm bushings. Could also be a loose caliper or damaged pads.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Bros. I almost purchased a 2001 LX470 with 250k miles for $8,800 but the seller scheduled someone to see the car before me even though I was first to respond to his ad.
I coulda been in you :(.

It was a steal. super clean and dealer maintained.

Been looking for a decently priced one for a while and have had 0 luck.
Yeah with stuff like this you gotta drop everything to be the first one to show up. Seller probably got 100 calls if it was a good deal

alex p. keaton

OT Supporter
Jul 31, 2002
San Diego, CA
Is that one of the Russian grills on the 470?

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
just got update on the tacoma... trd pro builds delayed by suppliers. build week is feb 28th. delivery date 4-6wks after.

:x: it doesn't get delayed anymore
I picked up my limited in early Jan. I think I will get a pro the next time around on the next gen platform.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
I picked up my limited in early Jan. I think I will get a pro the next time around on the next gen platform.
yeah i will prob swap it out for another one in about 2yrs so we might be eskimo bros

found out my buddy's supra... man he got pump faked. his order updated to vehicle built and waiting to ship. he got all excited until he found out it wont ship until april so it wont be here until may.

Last edited:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
yeah i will prob swap it out for another one in about 2yrs so we might be eskimo bros

found out my buddy's supra... man he got pump faked. his order updated to vehicle built and waiting to ship. he got all excited until he found out it wont ship until april so it wont be here until may.
Ugh. That sucks. Lol. I'd be pissed but I think we're having the same issue with my wife's Mach e :hs:

• Support
Reactions: herpes

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74