CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
while i was doing final checks today before buying it, i noticed that both the VSC dash lights weren't lit when I turned the key into on position, not sure if they burnt out or if they were purposely removed

i am betting somebody unplugged the yaw sensor or something to kill the VSC and the lights just burned themselves out

it was dark and raining when i got home, will play with it tomorrow, im reading the traction control on these pigs is quite overly sensitive and annoying any damn way
lol yeah they pulled the bulbs on that. I'm sure there will be some third world fuckery once you start digging, suerte cabrón!

Reactions: couchlock

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
There's some dude who's trying to sell a pair of LHD HJ75's (I think?) that were just imported, not sure of the price and I can't find the post but they're being spotted all over the PHX area right now. A White one and a Yellow one.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
There's some dude who's trying to sell a pair of LHD HJ75's (I think?) that were just imported, not sure of the price and I can't find the post but they're being spotted all over the PHX area right now. A White one and a Yellow one.
probably a couple of polished turds

Reactions: Ramathorn15

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Do all newer Toyota's have a variaton of the injection pump? The Tacoma (and I think 4R) failure point is the sponge filter inside falls apart and fucks up the pump motor or gets sucked in. I know the 4.7 looks completely different.

The fix is to just take it out and slip a uni filter over the inlet hole. The housing fits back over it so you can't see and it looks stock.

a9489e2ab479004cff0f5cc6d987dd40.jpg

Did that to my GX460. When I took it apart the sponge filter was partially gone, but fortunately no check engine light.

Reactions: Manthrax

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
uIQLIm7.jpg

Little coolant leak from upper rad hose, just needs to be tightened, no visible leaks otherwise

OzqrsKp.jpg

No molested wiring anywhere that I can find yet under the hood or visible up under the dash, I’ll have to pull this center console out to see if the yaw sensor is disconnected

Underside of the truck is fuckin crazy clean, nothing has been molested anywhere, nothing leaks, everything
looks like it’s original Toyota shit, down to the shocks

Pulled the timing belt cover and she’s got a nice looking Toyota belt in there, no cracks o wear on it, pulled the plugs and she’s got some NGKs that look like they’ve been in there quite a while but burning perfectly clean

The interior is a bit rough but outside its probably the cleanest truck I’ve ever seen, somebody definitely took care of it Or Toyota made a Mexican proof truck as it’s been down here for 10 years

Im thinking the PO had a gaggle of kids or something cuz the rear is all scuffed up inside, but not too bad, my dogs are gonna duck it up anyway, so I’m glad to have the cloth interior
pIK9DsO.jpg

ubvAcMz.jpg

Took her out for a cruise to the dirt roads and tested all the 4x4, everything works as it should, though I don’t like the center diff will only lock up when the truck is in L and 4Lo, i saw there was a mod so you Can lock it in 4hi and any gesr, might do that one day

I don’t want to jump the gun here but I think I’m in love 😻
PSs2Lh0.jpg

Last edited:

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
still need to jack her up and test out the LBJs and check wheel bearings

her steering is a bit loose, looks like i need to replace the steering rack bushings, might also be the collapsable joint in the steering column, I looked at a Tacoma that had a similar issue, all these roads here are cobblestone and you can feel them coming up through the steering

I dug through all the paperwork and found she crossed the border in 2011, with 147K miles, she only has 151K now on the odo, so unless she only moved 5000 miles in 10 years, I am assuming someone rolled her back, either way, shes clean affff

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Manthrax

Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
uIQLIm7.jpg

Little coolant leak from upper rad hose, just needs to be tightened, no visible leaks otherwise

OzqrsKp.jpg

No molested wiring anywhere that I can find yet under the hood or visible up under the dash, I’ll have to pull this center console out to see if the yaw sensor is disconnected

Underside of the truck is fuckin crazy clean, nothing has been molested anywhere, nothing leaks, everything

Pulled the timing belt cover and she’s got a nice looking Toyota belt in there, no cracks o wear on it, pulled the plugs and she’s got some NGKs that look like they’ve been in there quite a while but burning perfectly clean

The interior is a bit rough but outside its probably the cleanest truck I’ve ever seen, somebody definitely took care of it Or Toyota made a Mexican proof truck as it’s been down here for 10 years

Im thinking the PO had a gaggle of kids or something cuz the rear is all scuffed up inside, but not too bad, my dogs are gonna duck it up anyway, so I’m glad to have the cloth interior
pIK9DsO.jpg

ubvAcMz.jpg

Took her out for a cruise to the dirt roads and tested all the 4x4, everything works as it should, though I don’t like the center diff will only lock up when the truck is in L and 4Lo, i saw there was a mod so you Can lock it in 4hi and any gesr, might do that one day

PSs2Lh0.jpg
Engine bay looks cleaner than expected. I was honestly expecting it to turn into a wiring project.

Wife in the passenger seat like on Tinder and location set back to Florida like "venmo me money to get out of mejico and i'll come live with you"

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Engine bay looks cleaner than expected. I was honestly expecting it to turn into a wiring project.

Wife in the passenger seat like on Tinder and location set back to Florida like "venmo me money to get out of mejico and i'll come live with you"
im just as suprised as u are, almost every single truck ive looked at has been a complete basket case of mexicanada wiring

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
uIQLIm7.jpg

OzqrsKp.jpg

pIK9DsO.jpg

ubvAcMz.jpg

PSs2Lh0.jpg

:tbow: nice score!

How's the top of the radiator look? When the plastic turns from black to the chalky white/grey, you're getting close. Had a friend recently lose his 4.7 due to the radiator cracking up top. The temp gauges are pretty worthless in these guys. They stay at the "normal" level until it's usually too late.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
:tbow: nice score!

How's the top of the radiator look? When the plastic turns from black to the chalky white/grey, you're getting close. Had a friend recently lose his 4.7 due to the radiator cracking up top. The temp gauges are pretty worthless in these guys. They stay at the "normal" level until it's usually too late.
Thanks bud I’m stoked

She looks pretty clean but I’ll give a closer look in the AM

MUGXxs0.jpg

Eventually gotta drain the bootleg green coolant and put some of that sweet sweet toyota red sauce in there

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
my 19 4runner limited rental got totaled the night before we took off so i had to find another one... why does this thing feel so much stronger than my 22 taco? Did the 2017s not have DBW or something? Is it just better gearing?

1657429010990.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529