CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Dec 31, 2008
What do you guys use on leather seats if you have them? I never put anything on mine in the TRD pro until last weekend. I just used some Chemical Guys spray leather conditioner but man they look so much better. Feel nice and soft too.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
What do you guys use on leather seats if you have them? I never put anything on mine in the TRD pro until last weekend. I just used some Chemical Guys spray leather conditioner but man they look so much better. Feel nice and soft too.
I wonder if that works on 20 year old Lexus leather…

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
I just use the same stuff. Main thing for me is to try and keep them from cracking/tearing.

Reactions: Mcgillicutty

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I've used that stuff, Lexol is pretty good. TBH anything used semi regularly will go a long ways.

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
I'm an hour away north, but I don't have off until Friday. Ask the seller to send you photos of the frame?
Also I'd just drive the 2.5 hours before asking someone to go an hour to look at it. Was hoping someone in this thread was already in Chicago and it would only be a few minutes out of their way.

Reactions: Finest

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal

Are you sure they aren't Softex seats, basically vinyl seats?

If they are Softex, I like an interior detailer. The chemical guys total interior detailer isn't bad, works as an air freshener also, but it can also stain plastics and fabrics because they load it up with coloring. I use either the CG stuff or Blackfire interior detailer, both are anti static and help with the dust. I've seen reviews that say the interior UV protection products don't really do anything

Dec 31, 2008
Are you sure they aren't Softex seats, basically vinyl seats?

If they are Softex, I like an interior detailer. The chemical guys total interior detailer isn't bad, works as an air freshener also, but it can also stain plastics and fabrics because they load it up with coloring. I use either the CG stuff or Blackfire interior detailer, both are anti static and help with the dust. I've seen reviews that say the interior UV protection products don't really do anything
They might be part vinyl. Like the middle section that has an embossed square texture going on. The rest I'm pretty sure is leather. Otherwise I don't think they'd call them leather. I'll see if I can upload a pic.

I've used some clear chemical guys interior detailer for the dash and seats before. It was literally clear though. So not sure what you mean there.

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
I use the same CG leather cleaner/conditioner. Used it all the time on my truck which had some fancy leather and I found that it worked better than Meguiars. I have a TRD OR now with the "Softex" (vinyl) seats and it works on that as well. Hell, I used it on my leather phone case and my wife's leather Louis Vuitton handbag and it came out great :rofl:. I don't think CG stuff is very popular with the detailing crew on OT but it's relatively cheap and you can find it anywhere.

I'm sure there is some specialized brand that makes some obscenely expensive product with 11ty special chemicals and ceramic or whatever but it's just leather. I have decades old horse tack and cowboy boots that are in excellent condition using standard leather conditioner which is just some mix of mink oil and lanolin.

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I use the same CG leather cleaner/conditioner. Used it all the time on my truck which had some fancy leather and I found that it worked better than Meguiars. I have a TRD OR now with the "Softex" (vinyl) seats and it works on that as well. Hell, I used it on my leather phone case and my wife's leather Louis Vuitton handbag and it came out great :rofl:. I don't think CG stuff is very popular with the detailing crew on OT but it's relatively cheap and you can find it anywhere.

I'm sure there is some specialized brand that makes some obscenely expensive product with 11ty special chemicals and ceramic or whatever but it's just leather. I have decades old horse tack and cowboy boots that are in excellent condition using standard leather conditioner which is just some mix of mink oil and lanolin.
CG products are usually kinda watered down and a lot of their charm is the work they put into the scents, from an enthusiast perspective that's pretty weak but if you're just cleaning up after kids and keeping a 4runner in decent shape they're fine.

Reactions: SAKU39
Dec 31, 2008

For sure. Like I said earlier I didn't realize what an improvement using anything at all would be. So if there's another level above CG I need to know about it because that shit seems pretty great. But I might be easily impressed.

Do your seats look like the ones in mine (posted above)?

Dec 31, 2008
CG products are usually kinda watered down and a lot of their charm is the work they put into the scents, from an enthusiast perspective that's pretty weak but if you're just cleaning up after kids and keeping a 4runner in decent shape they're fine.
They do smell good. :nod:

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
For sure. Like I said earlier I didn't realize what an improvement using anything at all would be. So if there's another level above CG I need to know about it because that shit seems pretty great. But I might be easily impressed.

Do your seats look like the ones in mine (posted above)?
the difference between CG and Lexol/Megs/etc isn't worth replacing what you already have imo

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
They might be part vinyl. Like the middle section that has an embossed square texture going on. The rest I'm pretty sure is leather. Otherwise I don't think they'd call them leather. I'll see if I can upload a pic.

I've used some clear chemical guys interior detailer for the dash and seats before. It was literally clear though. So not sure what you mean there.

They look similar but I don’t have the embossed texturing. I’m pretty sure all TRD OR, Sport, and Pros are Softex though and leather is exclusively on Limiteds.

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
1A7AE3DA-7105-4992-A274-95E18261F844.jpeg A9B82F1F-2072-483D-9C42-549EB33174D9.jpeg 49F56DB9-59B6-478A-B7CC-6746FE166D88.jpeg 093D8223-4BB1-4727-BD04-54CA3A8C8965.jpeg BAB31901-BB48-4489-BDA0-F471C7B347BC.jpeg 1B4E522B-7166-4B15-9DE8-440D082CFC31.jpeg C4E186B2-0078-4EFF-B90F-3DA34F686923.jpeg AEAA4309-490B-4213-ACDF-AB45709AE782.jpeg Went to sequoia national park this past weekend. Packed light and everything went perfectly.

Got up to almost 7,000 ft at a trail called Solo peak. Driving through sequoia groves and saw a bear on the trail too. Pretty awesome.

The raptor liner also already paid for itself because the trails were so tight and lined with branches that mailed me the whole way. All scratches just wipe right off. :bowdown:

After solo peak and coy flat I camped at Belknap campground, left at 6am and went through the park south hitting all the small towns down to the Kern river and now almost completely dried up lake Isabella. Got to drive all over the old lake bed too which was pretty interesting.

Attachments

• 59A19A95-A5B5-436E-AECC-9541F1D238D2.jpeg
    59A19A95-A5B5-436E-AECC-9541F1D238D2.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 6

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
View attachment 243993 View attachment 243994 View attachment 243995 View attachment 243996 View attachment 243998 View attachment 243999 View attachment 244000 View attachment 244002 Went to sequoia national park this past weekend. Packed light and everything went perfectly.

Got up to almost 7,000 ft at a trail called Solo peak. Driving through sequoia groves and saw a bear on the trail too. Pretty awesome.

The raptor liner also already paid for itself because the trails were so tight and lined with branches that mailed me the whole way. All scratches just wipe right off. :bowdown:

After solo peak and coy flat I camped at Belknap campground, left at 6am and went through the park south hitting all the small towns down to the Kern river and now almost completely dried up lake Isabella. Got to drive all over the old lake bed too which was pretty interesting.
dassit mayne

how were the crowds in the park?

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
dassit mayne

how were the crowds in the park?
It was actually pretty empty tbh. Only really saw a lot of people along the kern river.

Luckily I was the only person at coy flat and solo peak trails. Also next to nobody on the road from camp nelson to Johnsondale.

Wish I had time to check out California Hot Springs but will save that for another trip.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
It was actually pretty empty tbh. Only really saw a lot of people along the kern river.

Luckily I was the only person at coy flat and solo peak trails. Also next to nobody on the road from camp nelson to Johnsondale.

Wish I had time to check out California Hot Springs but will save that for another trip.
nice bro sounds like a good trip!

• Support
Reactions: SquirtRussel

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971