CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
View attachment 243993 View attachment 243994 View attachment 243995 View attachment 243996 View attachment 243998 View attachment 243999 View attachment 244000 View attachment 244002 Went to sequoia national park this past weekend. Packed light and everything went perfectly.

Got up to almost 7,000 ft at a trail called Solo peak. Driving through sequoia groves and saw a bear on the trail too. Pretty awesome.

The raptor liner also already paid for itself because the trails were so tight and lined with branches that mailed me the whole way. All scratches just wipe right off. :bowdown:

After solo peak and coy flat I camped at Belknap campground, left at 6am and went through the park south hitting all the small towns down to the Kern river and now almost completely dried up lake Isabella. Got to drive all over the old lake bed too which was pretty interesting.

Wait...what? That's Lake Isabella?

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Mom randomly calls me from FL. She's looking at a 2006 tundra to buy for my disabled step dad.

Guy wants 8500, non negotiable. It's a 2006 access cab with 260k miles.

First thing I tell her to look for is a timing belt record. None exist. Guy says his mechanic can do it for $400 :rofl:

Next thing is to check the CVs. She's on the phone and says "I think the rubber might be torn" so I tell her to send me a pic.

IMG_20220802_112813.jpg

IMG_20220802_112815.jpg

Needless to say, I told her to run. Guy tries to tell her he can just throw a split boot on there and it will be good. Have to try and explain to my mom, who knows nothing about cars, that is a horrible fix. I don't think I've ever seen a CV that dry lol.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
decent truck except the grill :o

I agree, but it's a non issue for her/my step dad.

They had a Ford sport Trac and my step dad was pulled over with flashers on in a heavy storm waiting for it to pass. Dude came into the median and hit him from behind doing 40-50mph. The air bags didn't deploy. He's a disabled veteran (2x broken neck and tons of hardware keeping it together) and lucky he didn't die. He was also a huge ford fanboy before that incident. Glad they decided to go Toyota this time because that truck was such a POS.

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I agree, but it's a non issue for her/my step dad.

They had a Ford sport Trac and my step dad was pulled over with flashers on in a heavy storm waiting for it to pass. Dude came into the median and hit him from behind doing 40-50mph. The air bags didn't deploy. He's a disabled veteran (2x broken neck and tons of hardware keeping it together) and lucky he didn't die. He was also a huge ford fanboy before that incident. Glad they decided to go Toyota this time because that truck was such a POS.
holy fuck hope he's feeling ok

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
holy fuck hope he's feeling ok

Thanks. It was a few months ago and he's doing okay now. They tried to reach out to ford about the air bags not deploying and ford essentially told them to fuck off. Since he wasn't severely hurt (more than before) it wasn't going to be worth getting a lolyer

• Wow
Reactions: CPTMULLET

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Thanks. It was a few months ago and he's doing okay now. They tried to reach out to ford about the air bags not deploying and ford essentially told them to fuck off. Since he wasn't severely hurt (more than before) it wasn't going to be worth getting a lolyer
sport tracs are old right?

no way the warranty still good

air bags have a lifespan

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
People fucking gush over this thing:
9fnV0MF.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds