CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Boomchrono

OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
I've gone on some rough roads I can't go on in a car but they're still roads. Been to some scenic areas that are only truck accessable. Would love to take it out and do something cool one day.

Attachments

• IMG20220715215017.jpg
    IMG20220715215017.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: Finest

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
  • Haha
Reactions: bubbaZR2

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
May be an image of outdoors

guy wants $3k lol

Manthrax

Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
I've gone on some rough roads I can't go on in a car but they're still roads. Been to some scenic areas that are only truck accessable. Would love to take it out and do something cool one day.
250k on my '05 V6 SR5. Original everything. Been all over the country, been beat on off road pretty hard for a stock vehicle and not even a rattle.

The A/C has a slight leak. I just fill it up at the start of spring and even when fall/winter come it's still blowing ice cold.

Boomchrono

OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
250k on my '05 V6 SR5. Original everything. Been all over the country, been beat on off road pretty hard for a stock vehicle and not even a rattle.

The A/C has a slight leak. I just fill it up at the start of spring and even when fall/winter come it's still blowing ice cold.
Mine's a v8 4wd, 235k I think, same year as yours. It makes a popping noise pulling out of parking spots sometimes but I never hear it going down the road do that. I wonder if it's front most skid plate, it's a loud pop but it's not a "uh oh something's broken" pop. Kinda hard to describe kinda hard to tell where it's coming from. Other than that it's great, no fading on the interior or anything. Runs great. Keep it serviced right. Had to replace the alternator a month ago. Was really easy, just pulled the alternator through the bottom of the car. The guy in the video said it was an easy 1 hour job. Took me like 2 hours, but I don't normally do stuff like that so I'd say I did pretty good. The popping noise was around before I did this I never saw anything loose while I was under there.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Posting for a friend, truck is currently in Oregon. I've personally maintained this truck for the past few years and it's in great shape. Many thousands spent using OE parts.

Reactions: bubbaZR2

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Posting for a friend, truck is currently in Oregon. I've personally maintained this truck for the past few years and it's in great shape. Many thousands spent using OE parts.

damn, I shoulda bought one of these 10 years ago :wtc:

Reactions: jaunt

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle

Love that color. Looks great!

americanwit

OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Houston, TX

I have a ton of Snap-on from days as a tech and will say 100% not worth the cost for the DIY crowd - but this test is FUCKING RETARDED with "back drag" and pressure to switch direction??? seriously???

If you care Snap-on is USA made but if you are working professionally the biggest advantage is the strength and warranty service that comes to you. I never understood why anyone would buy this shit for strictly home use, but debating their superior design and construction just tells me you haven't used any Snap-on/Mac level tools.

Reactions: SAKU39

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city

TLDW:
GearWrench is the winner regardless of price point. SATA has a great cheap wrench. Snap On and Mac ain't worth it.

View attachment 258346

Gearwrench warranty is kinda a PITA, Tekton ratchets are not quite as nice, but the warranty is super easy to use FWIW
Icon for things you're just gonna abuse is also nice EG these ratcheting breaker bars :mamoru:

Reactions: DrewDown

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle

TLDW:
GearWrench is the winner regardless of price point. SATA has a great cheap wrench. Snap On and Mac ain't worth it.

View attachment 258346

Last year I picked up a few SK pivoting head socket wrenches because I've been using the same set of Craftsman that I got back when I was a teenager and wanted to treat myself. They are super nice, the chrome plating is probably the best I've ever seen, and the ratcheting is smooth and precise. Later that year I picked up a set of the GearWrench 90t pivoting head socket wrenches and agree that they are probably the best bang for the buck out there. The ratcheting/teeth on this are even smoother than the SK...

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Gearwrench warranty is kinda a PITA, Tekton ratchets are not quite as nice, but the warranty is super easy to use FWIW
Icon for things you're just gonna abuse is also nice EG these ratcheting breaker bars :mamoru:
You can buy 3 of the SATA's for one HF ICON. That is what you should be abusing.

Accords 4U2 NV

OT's Resident Desi
Oct 26, 2000
PantherNation
Honey.. I shrunk the truck!

Attachments

• 9269AE79-3D8E-4740-A8D7-352399D76533.jpeg
    9269AE79-3D8E-4740-A8D7-352399D76533.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2527D9AF-20C9-44FA-ACCA-51C51C0F5A87.jpeg
    2527D9AF-20C9-44FA-ACCA-51C51C0F5A87.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 5
  • A880B81C-4A87-4CCD-93BC-C06D9999F2D0.jpeg
    A880B81C-4A87-4CCD-93BC-C06D9999F2D0.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: hondaluva

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I have a ton of Snap-on from days as a tech and will say 100% not worth the cost for the DIY crowd - but this test is FUCKING RETARDED with "back drag" and pressure to switch direction??? seriously???

If you care Snap-on is USA made but if you are working professionally the biggest advantage is the strength and warranty service that comes to you. I never understood why anyone would buy this shit for strictly home use, but debating their superior design and construction just tells me you haven't used any Snap-on/Mac level tools.
I'm not saying this is the norm but I broke my snap on 3/8" ratchet and my Mac ratchet, now that I've moved to the middle of nowhere I have no homies that get the truck to come to them so I'm just sitting here with two broken tools. Meanwhile my shit ass Pittsburgh ratchets with 3x more use on it are still plugging along fine. As a former pro turned hobbist it's really a horse's ass to get tools exchanged from mac and snap on, plus the eye watering price difference. I'll never buy anything from them again besides snap on screwdrivers, those are worth it.

Reactions: anomaly

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman