CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
I'm not saying this is the norm but I broke my snap on 3/8" ratchet and my Mac ratchet, now that I've moved to the middle of nowhere I have no homies that get the truck to come to them so I'm just sitting here with two broken tools. Meanwhile my shit ass Pittsburgh ratchets with 3x more use on it are still plugging along fine. As a former pro turned hobbist it's really a horse's ass to get tools exchanged from mac and snap on, plus the eye watering price difference. I'll never buy anything from them again besides snap on screwdrivers, those are worth it.
Bisbee really is assfuck nowhere.

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I have to live with in ~2 hours of tucson and was looking at bisbee the other day. I know the town but only from day trips

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I have to live with in ~2 hours of tucson and was looking at bisbee the other day. I know the town but only from day trips
Casa grande, Tucson proper, and the 3 Cochise county towns are your only real options short of living in the middle of nowhere desert.

Casa grande, Douglas and Sierra Vista are automatically a no. Benson/St David are just a gas stop for farmers. There I helped

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
what does Toyota nerd crew think of this :hmm:

Looks like a decent deal. Had the very rare transmission failure of the 2000/01s, but got it rebuilt. Most major maintenance done.

Downside is dude can't write for shit or English is his second language. If it's the former, I'd have a hard time trusting anything he says.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Looks like a decent deal. Had the very rare transmission failure of the 2000/01s, but got it rebuilt. Most major maintenance done.

Downside is dude can't write for shit or English is his second language. If it's the former, I'd have a hard time trusting anything he says.
yeah there was some real weirdness with the add, listed in Seattle but located in Portland, it has those stealership detailer paper things on the floor, etc

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Do it. 100 series is better than the GX, but both are great all around trucks.
100 series is better at wheeling and GX is better at DD/mpg was my take, does that sound right?
One of the things I want to do is rally sweep, 100 series does seem a lot less tippy than a GX, but also 10-12mpg vs 14-18 would add up over time :o

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
100 series is better at wheeling and GX is better at DD/mpg was my take, does that sound right?
One of the things I want to do is rally sweep, 100 series does seem a lot less tippy than a GX, but also 10-12mpg vs 14-18 would add up over time :o

Not entirely.

100 series is a better truck overall imo. They seem to last longer and just feel better built overall as well as being overbuilt in a good way. The GX is basically a 4runner with more options. The GX has a lot of stuff hanging below the frame (gas tank is a big one) while the 100 has everything tucked up nicely. The GX has the more modifiable front coilover vs the good, but can't really be modified torsion bar setup on the 100. 100 has tailgate vs annoying barn door on the GX. There's a lot of give and take with either.

Aa for weaknesses, the GX (assuming 470) has a decently weak 8" rear ring and many "upgrade" to a newer 8.2 rear axle from a donor FJ or 4runner. The 98/99 100 has the 2 pinion front carrier which is a weak point. That's alleviated by putting in a locker.

• Love
Reactions: CPTMULLET

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman