CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

Manthrax

Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
getting a wheel bearing growling noise in the front end at certain speeds, checked all the tires and they seem fine

Looks like it might be the needle bearing in the front diff, fairly common problem it appears

Job doesn’t seem too bad, just gotta get the parts down here

It's not too bad. Shove plastic bag back there once you get the axle out so nothing falls into the diff. Can take a little fanagling to get the back side of the puller tool right.

My hardest time honestly was getting the CV out. Thing did not want to budge and I didn't want to buy a slide hammer. Called my off roading buddy who has some insane field mechanic skillz, told me to wrap and tie paracord around the CV, give it some length and wrap the other end around 5lb hammer and swing away from the diff. Popped free after the 5th swing :tbow::eek3d:

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
It's not too bad. Shove plastic bag back there once you get the axle out so nothing falls into the diff. Can take a little fanagling to get the back side of the puller tool right.

My hardest time honestly was getting the CV out. Thing did not want to budge and I didn't want to buy a slide hammer. Called my off roading buddy who has some insane field mechanic skillz, told me to wrap and tie paracord around the CV, give it some length and wrap the other end around 5lb hammer and swing away from the diff. Popped free after the 5th swing :tbow::eek3d:
oh fuck thats a good trick

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway

Get er done

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
getting a wheel bearing growling noise in the front end at certain speeds, checked all the tires and they seem fine

Looks like it might be the needle bearing in the front diff, fairly common problem it appears

Job doesn’t seem too bad, just gotta get the parts down here

Did you convert the yoterhome to 4wd?

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Did you convert the yoterhome to 4wd?
Nah I boughted another Toyota for getting around town / broverlanding

uuN5ijF.jpg

Balddog

eek3
Jul 4, 2001
that one place
Yeah it was a bear, I couldn't go back and edit it to clarify. Someone is saying they just claw onto the door frame and peel it back. I think this was colorado
fucking bears? jesus...biggest threat to my landcruiser is fat women in the supermarket car park opening their doors into me...which happens a lot

• Haha
Reactions: CPTMULLET

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
man i never noticed those things either until this thread.

now i see them fucking everywhere. usually white ones with gold trd wheels and a snorkel.

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
So much for $65k spacer lift 4r's. Looks like he has secondaries up front, not sure if he also has the triple bypass rears. Probably close to 10k in suspension there. It has KDSS so I think it also requires aftermarket lca's, dirt king makes them which are like $2k. Lots of trimming done in the wheel wells. None of this is listed well in the ad, it's like he just took it to a shop and threw 25 grand at them

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/826937798542919/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman