CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Here it is, 1967 FJ45LV. The first wagon LC, only a couple thousand were made, and all by hand. All the body components are basically made for each individual truck meaning it's almost impossible to fit parts from another truck (for example the tailgate from another one will not fit on this one)

Believe it or not this one is in great condition. There arent many whole ones left in existence anymore so its super cool to lay hands on this one and help maintain it.

WlpiioP.jpeg

ZRfqMW3.jpeg

VRCHlZv.jpeg

FSom4ex.jpeg

EtfxDk5.jpeg

I5gzAeg.jpeg

OUTdsoc.jpeg

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
took 1/2 my damn truck apart today trying to figure out why the rear trunk window wouldnt go down with the switch but worked fine with the remote.... about 3/4 of the way through disassembly I try to roll down the pass window, its not working either... wtf

go over and check the wiring on the drivers door handle and realize i had hit the damn Child Lock window button at some point and locked out all teh windows but drivers... unlocked the child lock and trunk window worked perfectly

IDIOT :rofl:

Last edited:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
took 1/2 my damn truck apart today trying to figure out why the rear trunk window wouldnt go down with the switch but worked fine with the remote.... about 3/4 of the way through disassembly I try to roll down the pass window, its not working either... wtf

go over and check the wiring on the drivers door handle and release i had hit the damn Child Lock window button at some point and locked out all teh windows but drivers... unlocked the child lock and trunk window worked perfectly

IDIOT :rofl:
That's something I would do.

• Support
Reactions: couchlock

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
You gotta be fucking kidding me.

FB_IMG_1668056280917.jpg

FB_IMG_1668056273348.jpg

In case anyone wants to read this fuckary

"I recently decided to change my spare setup a little bit. I’m using some ATs right now while i’m waiting for my 35s.
/
There were many reasons this was advantageous for my setup, primarily beginning with ease-of-access. I popped four of my tires in just 14 months of ownership, so changing a tire quickly is my top priority.
/
The tire is attached to my hi-lift which is attached to the ironman front bull bar. If i’m using the hi-lift i’ll need the tire anyway so that’s a no-brainer.
/
Off road, this setup works perfectly for me but for highway travel i had to come up with a solution for minimal visibility losses and best thermal dynamics of the rubber material (overheating a tire could cause premature deterioration).
/
By rotating the tire 90 degrees during highway travel, I effectively reduce the coefficient of drag by half if not more - which also ensures decent to average MPG (i wouldn’t have purchased a Land Cruiser if I wanted good gas mileage though).
/
Rotating the spare top-side also allows airflow through the radiator which is a must in a heavy vehicle like ours.
/
It also acts the same way a hammer does when it hits the water and breaks the surface before you hit the water. It breaks the high drag air in front of the vehicle up and create an air pocket behind it. This acts like a low drag pocket behind the tire and increases fuel mileage as well as acceleration rates

/
The front-mounted-spare solution is also a great way to make your truck look badass 😎"

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
Pretty sure they either rebadge the ARB one or blatantly copied it

I almost posted that they are total shit like the arb skids...

I did get a chance to handle the iron man sliders the other day, they are kinda chunky compared to my chromoly dom sliders (that were way too much $$), but seem sturdy enough.

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache

View attachment 275141

View attachment 275142

"I recently decided to change my spare setup a little bit. I’m using some ATs right now while i’m waiting for my 35s.
/
There were many reasons this was advantageous for my setup, primarily beginning with ease-of-access. I popped four of my tires in just 14 months of ownership, so changing a tire quickly is my top priority.
/
The tire is attached to my hi-lift which is attached to the ironman front bull bar. If i’m using the hi-lift i’ll need the tire anyway so that’s a no-brainer.
/
Off road, this setup works perfectly for me but for highway travel i had to come up with a solution for minimal visibility losses and best thermal dynamics of the rubber material (overheating a tire could cause premature deterioration).
/
By rotating the tire 90 degrees during highway travel, I effectively reduce the coefficient of drag by half if not more - which also ensures decent to average MPG (i wouldn’t have purchased a Land Cruiser if I wanted good gas mileage though).
/
Rotating the spare top-side also allows airflow through the radiator which is a must in a heavy vehicle like ours.
/
It also acts the same way a hammer does when it hits the water and breaks the surface before you hit the water. It breaks the high drag air in front of the vehicle up and create an air pocket behind it. This acts like a low drag pocket behind the tire and increases fuel mileage as well as acceleration rates

/
The front-mounted-spare solution is also a great way to make your truck look badass 😎"
I hate land cruiser people

bubbaZR2

i poop too much, then i get tired...
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
New Mexico

View attachment 275141

View attachment 275142

/
/
/
/
/
/

/
Pretty sure that tire would fit in the stock location. Let's take the tire from a good location that protects the tire from the sun and mount it out in the elements so it can dry rot because I have to look so cool on my drive to the office. I also worry about that shit breaking off and killing someone. All that weight is held on by 2 very small u-bolts. :mad:

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia
Should I go with the TRD 3" lift, or get something else for the tundra?

I can get the kit from a local dealer for about $2500.

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003

Reactions: anomaly

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
Should I go with the TRD 3" lift, or get something else for the tundra?

I can get the kit from a local dealer for about $2500.

I'm not sure what a 'trd lift' is but the answer for sure will be no and not from the dealer

I think Camburg is the go to for tundras

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
This would probably be good enough - I think you have to get rear springs here which is another couple hundred but no big deal. I'm guessing tack on $500-1000 for a shop to install, but really most mechanical people can probably install this with in a few hours

(I'm only a 4runner person so pardon if I have anything incorrect here. I install this stuff for free for my friends 4rs)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman