CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
A friend of mine is selling an 08 Salsa red/gray interior GX, 108k on the odometer. NYC vehicle, has rust underneath not good but not terrible (no holes in the frame), mostly just surface. I think he wants $10k, send me a pm and I'll send you a ton of pics. I think it's been converted to non air suspension as well.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Haven't watched yet but that's about $200k too much for ANY FJ40, you can have the same amount of fun with a $20-30k truck.

Also body colored roof caps :barf:
yep, that's my point. they act like it costs $250k to make an FJ nice :rofl:

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
it's just like the icon shit. that fucking guy is insufferable and you can get a car built as "well" as one of theirs from many other places for far cheaper.
I'd be curious to see the undersides up close, anything I've seen come out of south america is hacked together with duct tape and bubble gum. Not to mention their workers probably get paid $10 USD/day

This shit seems so scammy. I'm jaded as hell tho :o

deegan

whatever you do, dont tell anyone..
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
I'd be curious to see the undersides up close, anything I've seen come out of south america is hacked together with duct tape and bubble gum. Not to mention their workers probably get paid $10 USD/day

This shit seems so scammy. I'm jaded as hell tho :o
driving brand new 70 series at my new job, fuck I want one so bad.. only thing I hate is you have to slam the door shut for it to shut and the side mirrors suck dick, everything looks 6foot away but you’re only 6inches lol

Reactions: jaunt

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Hoping you guys have a vague idea of what's up with my 4runner. 194k miles so.. A lot. Had my rear axle assembly replaced back in August. Now the back driver side sounds like ass. Just got home and looked underneath appears something is leaking, so that's good. Any idea what it could be? Going to have a place by my office look at it tomorrow but figured I'd ask you fine folks.

View attachment 275394 View attachment 275395
The breather on top of the axle is plugged with rust and road shit, caused the housing to over pressure and it blew the driver's axle seal out. Mechanic can fix it in a few hours for not very much. Common rust belt failure.

Edit: I see later posts and it's clearly the kdss and has been addressed disregard

Last edited:
Reactions: couchlock

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
The breather on top of the axle is plugged with rust and road shit, caused the housing to over pressure and it blew the driver's axle seal out. Mechanic can fix it in a few hours for not very much. Common rust belt failure.

Edit: I see later posts and it's clearly the kdss and has been addressed disregard

Breather is a good call though. When I did my gears/lockers, I ended up with a rear pinion seal leak after like 100 miles on a new seal. Thought I must have fucked up the install somehow. Realized after some troubleshooting that my extended breather somehow got pinched. Was super annoying having to replace the seal again, but at least I didn't have to pull the 3rd to do it.

Reactions: sp00n155

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman