CREW Toyota Tacoma/4Runner/Land Cruiser/Tundra/FJ crew. Let's get a thread going

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
TRD logo on the steering wheel of that Sequoia is ridiculous and looks more JC Whitney than factory...
yeah it does look dumb, and also looks like the wheel is thicker to make room for the stupid badge

shit, even with my seat all the way down and back, when i get in the taco i have to scoot under the bottom of the wheel.

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
What's the current general consensus on the V6 hybrid/tt motor? I thought I saw lots of issues when it was first released... Still the case or will this be a good motor?

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
What's the current general consensus on the V6 hybrid/tt motor? I thought I saw lots of issues when it was first released... Still the case or will this be a good motor?
Turbos failing iirc but I don't know if they're still a concern. Tbh, I'd still imagine they're solid overall. The 5.7 has cam seal issues no one seems to want to talk about. No one is perfect but they're definitely better than most.

Reactions: ObeyTheNoodle

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Turbos failing iirc but I don't know if they're still a concern. Tbh, I'd still imagine they're solid overall. The 5.7 has cam seal issues no one seems to want to talk about. No one is perfect but they're definitely better than most.

On the new Tundra, it was wastegate issues if I remember. Required lifting the entire cab off to access.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
just found old pics of my 96

fHfaRBS.jpg

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Would not own out of warranty.
there's a place here in va that imports JDM Hilux Surfs but I don't think I could daily a right hand drive
They're probably polished turds as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman