FIT Training Mask/Gas Mask for runnning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly Lip

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Anyone use a gas mask for running, specifically a training mask (trainingmask.com) I'm looking for something like that, but it costs $80. Is there something better or the same for cheaper, or is that the one to get?

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
wanderlei_silva_snorkel.jpeg

KIDRR

Duck dog>*
Nov 1, 2004
North Mexico
It's like breathing through a straw. Aww fuck it, throw on a vest with a couple Level IV Armored Ballistic plates and go for it

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
sometimes i'll use the tactical mask on blops, but that is only when i forget to change perk 3 after a prestige.

subwoofer

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
california
same reason athletes do high-altitude training.

same kinda effect. your lungs work harder on it, therefore you learn how to take in more oxygen and you breath more efficiently.
I don't think this is true...

When your body adapts to higher altitude, it produces more red blood cells which carry oxygen from your lungs to everywher else. This effect happens when your body releases erythropoietin in to the system, which occurs aprox 15 hours after altitude exposure. Being so, I would think you would need to be in this mask for 15 hours to gain any effect.

The best way to achieve physical performance (if altitude training) would be to "live high, train low". This combination offers the greatest benefits (increased VO2max). You could make your own hyperbaric chamber, but thats fuckin expensive/weird.

Last edited:

Bacchus

Skinny Guy
Mar 18, 2009
T.dot

When your body adapts to higher altitude, it produces more red blood cells which carry oxygen from your lungs to everywher else. This effect happens when your body releases erythropoietin in to the system, which occurs aprox 15 hours after altitude exposure. Being so, I would think you would need to be in this mask for 15 hours to gain any effect.

The best way to achieve physical performance (if altitude training) would be to "live high, train low". This combination offers the greatest benefits (increased VO2max). You could make your own hyperbaric chamber, but thats fuckin expensive/weird.

Yes, that's the best way to do it - but not everybody can.

If you read their info - they explain the science behind the mask, and it's very similar

TS
TS
Grizzly Lip

Grizzly Lip

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
I wouldn't be wearing this at the gym. I'd just wear it when I go on runs around the neighborhood with my weighted vest, looking like a fucking terrorist.

GammaRadiation

Feb 15, 2007
Random Location.FL

I remember reading about sleep chambers that pump excess nitrogen into the room when you sleep. :bowdown:

Despite needing to wear the mask for 15hr (citation? believable, the websites citations were complete shit) if it is making it harder to breathe it is forcing your lungs to work harder and makes you more mentally willing to push your body past its oxygen supply.

Live high train low? Hawaii!

I skimmed over it, does it make it more difficult to pull air in or does it recycle some of your exhalation to include extra CO2?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan