TRAVEL CREW - Amalfi Coast Recommendations

CESCBOOM

Dec 20, 2003
$Texas
Taking the wife to Italy in August, looking for some recommendations for hotels on the Amalfi coast, specifically between Positano and Ravello.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
A few AirBnB's saved; these are all on the side of Positano I preferred and this one has a gorgeous view of the Duomo.

This one is right behind Le Sirenuse, which is blocking the Duomo from view, but you can see the Siren Islands:

This one is beach front, so no view of the cathedral dome from the apt.

Last edited:

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Last edited:

TheBoyWonder

OT Supporter
Jun 7, 2006
The Jersey Shore
kind of underwhelmed by Positano. worst food i had on the trip (that's not saying much, everything was amazing). busy as fuck. in hindsight i probably would have preferred Praiano

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
kind of underwhelmed by Positano. worst food i had on the trip (that's not saying much, everything was amazing). busy as fuck. in hindsight i probably would have preferred Praiano
August is going to be awful for Positano IMO. I was there in March and it was perfect.

For.picturesque views like that I'd head to Lake Garda or Lake Como instead.

Check out www.ghf.it for an amazing Lake Garda hotel. Not as many steps as the Amalfi Coast.

Reactions: TheBoyWonder
TS
TS
CESCBOOM

CESCBOOM

Dec 20, 2003
$Texas
August is going to be awful for Positano IMO. I was there in March and it was perfect.

For.picturesque views like that I'd head to Lake Garda or Lake Como instead.

Check out www.ghf.it for an amazing Lake Garda hotel. Not as many steps as the Amalfi Coast.
Can't be much worse than Houston in August. :rofl:

We've already done Lake Como, but I appreciate the alternatives.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Can't be much worse than Houston in August. :rofl:

We've already done Lake Como, but I appreciate the alternatives.
How about Capri? Hotel below is top 2 along with Le Sirenuse for hotels I've ever stayed in.

Or, I guess, Cinque Terre but it will be a bit tourist-hell, too. Possibly Portofino or even Menton in France.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
CESCBOOM

CESCBOOM

Dec 20, 2003
$Texas
How about Capri? Hotel below is top 2 along with Le Sirenuse for hotels I've ever stayed in.

Or, I guess, Cinque Terre but it will be a bit tourist-hell, too. Possibly Portofino or even Menton in France.
We're planning on taking a trip over to Capri and staying a couple of nights in Sorrento for slightly easier access to Pompeii, Vesuvius, etc.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
My trip I flew into Naples at night
Got a Chevy spark rental car from hertz
Spent the night in Naples at a nice hotel, had breakfast at their rooftop restaurant which had gorgeous views
Drove towards Amalfi, stopped at Vesuvius and rode a unimog up and hiked to the top
Walked around Pompeii half listening to different tour guides making up stuff about the displays
Fun drive into praiano
Forgot what hotel I stayed at but it was small and run by a family, they gave me suggestions for things to do and limoncello
Went for a long walk to Positano, ate at chez black, had a bottle of wine with dinner, stumbled around Positano for a bit and paid too much for a cab back to the hotel
There was a bachelorette party of girls from London as the only other guests in the small hotel, drank with them and the owner's kids for a bit
Next day went for a drive up and down the coast, followed some Italians driving like absolute mad men
Watched the world cup with random Italians in the tiniest little bar in praiano, not really sure if it was a bar or someone's home but it was a great time
Someone pointed me to a restaurant and had a nice lunch overlooking the water
Went shopping for souvenirs in Praiano
Dinner in Positano again
Next day went into Naples to chase down some stupid bag my gf at the time wanted and to fly to Rome. Cobblestone roads weren't kind to that poor spark

I realize this wasn't helpful at all but this really was one of the best trips I've ever taken and I basically went into it with zero plans, just some advice from @DasVWBabe and another friend who really wanted to come but she was afraid my gf would murder her if she found out I went on a trip to a super romantic destination during a weekend off during a study abroad month in Europe. Pretty much everything I ate was fantastic, the scenery is excellent and the people generally pretty friendly.

calteg

Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec
OT Supporter
We stayed at Capo la Gala, just North of Amalfi.
It's a boutique hotel and it's kind of a pain in the ass to get to, but it's fucking baller and there's literally nothing else around it, so you have panoramic views from pretty much every room.
Also the restaurant there has a Michelin star and it was the best meal we had the entire 2 weeks we were in Italy.

Reactions: CESCBOOM

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448