ART Tricks for PP eyes?

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
I thought it would be great to hear about how you guys fix and enhance eyes.

• What sort of effects do you go for?
  • How do you whiten the whites? How far do you go, what indicates when do you stop?
  • Do you sharpen eyes first then sharpen the image overall at the end?
  • Do you brighten/lighten the iris and colour enhance?
  • Any other tips or tricks?

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
If you're using LR, try using their, "Iris Enahnce" brush, it works really well..just dial it down a bit til you can't notice it and BAM, fingers in the hoohaw.

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
I don't usually bother editing them. You can light a subject in a manor that gives their eyes their best effect. Basically get light into their eyes. Flash on camera straight at them isn't usually a good idea, but bounced flash with a bounce card or other catch light works well.

If I were to edit a shot it would probably be a one off and I'd use photoshop and go over the whites and iris with the dodge tool until I got what I wanted.

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
Oh and probably the best tip, try to get their pupil as small as possible. Use a brighter lit room, modeling lights, or some other means. Drunk or stoned people tend to make this more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan