FIT True/False. Getting simple carbs post workout is more important that getting protein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Dux

I'd say false... but the carbs are highly important.

Gatorade + whey ftw

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
false

Unless you are talking about very high endurance glycogen depleting workouts (ie. not lifting weights).

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
the way i look at it, and ive been wrong before (and often)

carbs > protein pre
protein > carbs post.

CottonTowels

May 17, 2010
Canada
The addition of high GI carbs after a workout will possibly help secrete more insulin in the blood which will signal cells to move more GLUT transporters to the membrane and allow more glucose and amino acid uptake.

I say take both after a workout.

Mass

Jan 11, 2004
The addition of high GI carbs after a workout will possibly help secrete more insulin in the blood which will signal cells to move more GLUT transporters to the membrane and allow more glucose and amino acid uptake.

I say take both after a workout.

GLUT 4 receptors turn off though once glucose compensation has been reached, and it doesn't take much, Id say 15g of carbs is enough to achieve that, the body is incredibly resourceful at scavenging glucose.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
I eat till all teh food is gone

forum95.jpg

Biggins

Apr 13, 2010
Some guy at my gym was telling me how the only time it's good for you to take sugar cane is within 45 minutes of working out, because your body uses all your sugar stores and you need to replenish it. He was telling me about how since he started drinking 2 gallons of kool-aid a day he doesn't get sore after working out. He also told me he is in med school and asked his doctor teachers and they said it was true.

I was like o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448